Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 03:35 AM   #16
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Having enjoyed my first random selection (which I sped through much quicker than I thought), I have now randomly selected 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep'. This is another book that I have always intended to read but always passed on for something else.

Since I Have limited my list to 20 books, I have a second list which I will use to add new books to the list if I am stuck for choice. I have also put a few ground rules in for myself to keep the list a little less biased toward my favourite authors and to give me a better choice.

Quote:
Author can only appear in list once
One book should be a Dud (don't really want to read but gives exposure to new book)
One book should be a re-read (I have so many I want to read again but never get round to)
At least one book should be a 'classic'
New book to be added to bottom of list - remaining shift up the list
Include an author from MobileRead
Book to be selected using http://www.random.org/
While I have always enjoyed reading, I have found that this method has added a little more excitement back into reading as I never really know what I am going to read next. I always imagine that there will be times that I ignore the list for a specific book that I want to read (such as a release of a new book by a fave author), but the list is mainly for when I am indecisive...

If you care to see the list as it stands I have the spreadsheet here

Last edited by PieOPah; 08-17-2009 at 03:39 AM.
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #17
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieOPah View Post
I've read 'The Stand' a few times. I'm not sure whether or not I ever read the 'extended' version, but I did buy it from Fictionwise a while ago in preparation.

I am currently really enjoying 'Another Fine Myth' - a book I have kept putting off for something more familiar

This random selection could really work out
Have you read the Phule series? awesome books enjoy them more than his myth series.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #18
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
Have you read the Phule series? awesome books enjoy them more than his myth series.
No, I have only read the one book of Asprin's (which I finished yesterday). I'll keep an eye out for Phule - thank you
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote