Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
How eBooks Are Fueling Untraditional Sales Outlets (Article)

I stumbled upon an article a few minutes ago which I thought had some very interesting points regarding how authors and publishers can increase their sales of books through the form of eBooks in a more creative way. I just wanted to share this article which can be found here: http://goodereader.com/blog/commenta...sales-outlets/

Let me know your thoughts!

EDIT: Moderators, please move this thread to the General Discussions sub-forum. I meant for it to be there. Thank you!
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:20 AM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
All those mentions of free e-books being given away with this or that makes me think of all those plastic figures and other rubbish that you see littering the car parks outside such places. (Though, of course, at least a discarded free e-book will be better for the environment.)

The idea of using e-books as gimmicks to sell other things doesn't sit well with me, but then I'm biased. I'd much prefer that people think of e-books as things that have value in their own right.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #3
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
All those mentions of free e-books being given away with this or that makes me think of all those plastic figures and other rubbish that you see littering the car parks outside such places. (Though, of course, at least a discarded free e-book will be better for the environment.)

The idea of using e-books as gimmicks to sell other things doesn't sit well with me, but then I'm biased. I'd much prefer that people think of e-books as things that have value in their own right.
Yes, I understand where you're coming from.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Dunno, sounds like a way to clutter the databases with un-redeemed ebook vouchers. Just because I wear black athletic shoes to work instead of dress shoes, doesn't mean I want to read about a bunch of athletes.

I *would* see it thru with childrens' toys, though. Anyone else remember the old Masters of the Universe mini-comics that got bundled with the toys?
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote