Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
laos369
laos369 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Folder Structure on Device

Hello ...

In order to manipulate fonts on my PRS-350 I have installed PRS+ and read various articles on how to create css files, where to store fonts, etc.

One thing confuses me ... on almost all posts I've read which display examples of css files, they show the path on the device for fonts as: ///Data/Fonts

However, when I look at my device I only have: ///database

My question: if I create fonts inside this folder (ie. ///database/fonts) and code my css file as:

src: url(res:///database/fonts/fontname.ttf);

... this should work correct? Or do I actually need to create a "Data" folder and a "Fonts" folder on the device?
thanx

(I may have put this in the incorrect forum ... apologies)

Last edited by laos369; 05-24-2012 at 05:25 PM.
laos369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi,

for the Readers OS the folder exported as remove-able-media is ///Data/

So for the Reader (and the Reader is processing the CSS-files) the root-folder shown in exlorer is //Data/
The exported and shown in explorer folder //database/ thus is ///Data/database/ to the Reader.

Also all pathes are case-sensitive.

Sounds complicated, I know.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
laos369

hi ... thanx for your response ... however, I am still confused ...

The root folder I see (via explorer) is database, not Data ...

There is no Data folder anywhere ...
Old 05-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Hi

have a look on my web-page (link below). There you can download 'ready-made font packages'. This packages include fonts, CSS-files and the appropriate folder-structure. Even when you do not want to use this fonts, you then have a glue how to do it by yourself.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
laos369

Ah ... thanx, A ... that did the trick ... I now have the correct folder-structure!
cheers ...
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by laos369 View Post
hi ... thanx for your response ... however, I am still confused ...

The root folder I see (via explorer) is database, not Data ...

There is no Data folder anywhere ...
Lets try again (with my limited English)

To set this staight: /database/ is a folder located in root of the removeable media shown as READER in your explorer

But as our Sony-Reader is a computer itself, which "exposes" some of its filesystem as removeable-media "READER" to the PC or MAC, this part of the file-system is addressed as /Data/ by the Readers own OperatingSystem (OS).

So you will never see a folder /Data/ when accessing the Reader via USB, but you will have to prefix all pathes e.g. used in CSS-files with /Data/

Check Analogus samples, too.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 05-25-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
laos369

@Mark Nord ... thank you for the detailed description ... much appreciated!