Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Question about buying a replacement cover for the 505

So I broke the little plastic thingy holding the cover to the 505. I looked at the replacement covers but I don't really want black and I really don't want pink. Can I buy a replacement cover to match the original one from Sony? The web page does not mention this but I was planning to go visit a Sony Store next month when I am back in Canada to see if it is possible.

Anyone ordered a replacement stock cover before?
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I would think you could order it, ask and see

http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/eco...rtsResearch.do
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Tom Swift you might consider getting one of the MEdge covers. I have both Leisure and Executive covers and like them Check them out at www.buymedge.com
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:19 AM   #4
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I looked at the M-edge covers and they are okay, but I actually really like the colour of the default Sony case. I also like that it is designed for the 505, and not just adapted from an existing case. Anyway, I will ask Sony when I get back to Canada.

I looked at the Sony supply link but it said for US customers only so they would not send me one. I was just wondering if anyone on the forum had simply walked into a Sony store and had bought a new cover, but I guess not.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Tom Swift you might consider getting one of the MEdge covers. I have both Leisure and Executive covers and like them Check them out at www.buymedge.com
Does this cover fold flat like the standard cover?
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2008, 09:27 PM   #6
macphersondh
Enthusiast
macphersondh has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macphersondh has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macphersondh has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macphersondh has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS505
Yes, it folds back on itself but I am on record (I appear to be the only one!) who bought one of these and found it to be very disappointing. Others like it so I'll stay in the minority, but it feels very "thin" in texture to me - not what I was expecting.

David
macphersondh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:02 AM   #7
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Thanks for the report.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #8
The Alternative
Techno-Junkie
The Alternative doesn't litterThe Alternative doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 (x's 2), PRS-505, PRS-600, iPhone, iPad
Try here:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921644523782
The Alternative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #9
Tom Swift
Addict

Thanks, but again, these are the replacement premium covers and I simply want the standard brown cover, which is not mentioned. I will ask the Sony store when I get back to Canada.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #10
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
I called my local Sony Style and they said they didn't have any of the brown available. I ended up going to Borders and picking up the black leather one for $35.00. It's a little thicker on the left side than the original, but it's still pretty nice.

I should have asked if they still have the brown one from the display model...
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #11
Tom Swift
Addict

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Did they say that they were unavailable or did they simply did not have any in stock?
Old 06-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #12
amandajarrett
amandajarrett is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS 505
I have a brown cover going spare, since I replaced the original one with a pink one. You can have it for free, as long as you cover the cost of postage from the UK. PM me if you're still in need.
amandajarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:06 AM   #13
Tom Swift
Addict

Thanks Amanda. Much appreciated.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #14
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
They told me they did not sell it.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:15 AM   #15
Tom Swift
Addict

Thanks. I guess they want you to pay extra for their deluxe case. Good thing Amanda is around to help me.