Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 11-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
mishnogramjo
mishnogramjo began at the beginning.

Device: none
DRM PDF on two devices (same household)

Hi there, first post. I'm about to jump into my first purchase of a DRM pdf from one of the websites. I use an ipod touch as my reader of choice as I also have audiobooks. I decided to buy my wife an ipod touch as well since she's an avid reader. We have many bookshelves of books that we've both read and I'm sure it'll be the same in electronic format. I'm wondering if I'd be able to install an ebook on two different devices at the same time or at different times or whether it'll just work on one device and only that device?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Just finished reading "The Shack" by William Young on my Ipod Touch and just loved it.

ML
mishnogramjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
As far as I know there is no reader for DRM'd PDF's for the Touch. I know Stanza was supposed to get it as an upgrade, but last I heard that idea was quashed.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 12:21 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishnogramjo View Post
Just finished reading "The Shack" by William Young on my Ipod Touch and just loved it.
What site did you buy this from?

For sharing, the best Touch apps are ebook readers from either Barnes&Noble or from Amazon (its Kindle Store). B&N ebooks are coded to a credit card, and any device with that credit card on file can read the ebook. Kindle ebooks are limited to 6 devices, and you can only associate each device to one Kindle account at a time. So you and your wife could share one Kindle account, or you could each have a B&N account and still share ebooks.

There is no way currently to read standard Adobe PDF ebooks on the Touch, but there are several alternative PDF encryption schemes and some of them might work on the Touch. You would need to check with the supplying site. In general, PDF isn't a good ebook format for most purposes.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote