Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Chose between the following two choices:
The Princess Bride by William Goldman 22 53.66%
Idle Thoughts Of An Idle Fellow by Jerome K. Jerome 19 46.34%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #61
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm number 12 of 1 copy. Looks like it'll be a while before I get a chance to read it.
I am at spot 2 in the waiting list at FLP I am also spot 2 in the waiting list at my local library (with 2 copies in circulation). Which ever comes up first I will drop out from the other queue, so it may be sooner than you think.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #62
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I picked up an ancient paperback in the YA section of my public library.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #63
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I have the film--which I really enjoy. The novel is easily available from ABE at a very low price if anyone finds an ebook version difficult to obtain.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I picked up a brand new 30th anniversary paperback at my local library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #65
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Same here, though I am seriously annoyed with myself. Amazon had it for $3.99 during the voting, but I waited too long...by minutes. Now it is $8.10.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #66
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
I carefully considered whether this was a spoiler at all much less a "serious spoiler" as JSWolf says. But it is gone now. Apologies to others for whatever huge give-away it was.

Last edited by victauria; 04-21-2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Now JSWolf won't rant.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:24 AM   #67
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Finished Princess Bride. Should make for interesting reviewing .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #68
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Finished Princess Bride. Should make for interesting reviewing .
Yup, can't wait.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #69
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Does anyone know of a cheap place to get "Buttercup's Baby" online? I'd rather not completely buy the book again just to get a few extra pages, but I want to read it!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #70
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Does anyone know of a cheap place to get "Buttercup's Baby" online? I'd rather not completely buy the book again just to get a few extra pages, but I want to read it!
I am reading a copy from my library which includes the extra sixty pages of Buttercup's baby plus discussion.

Not cheap for sixty pages but under ten bucks with the discount total, Kobo has the same edition as an ebook, just released in March:
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-P...6K_UXOrUHQ&r=3

Last edited by hpulley; 04-13-2012 at 07:30 AM.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #71
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Thanks for the info, hpulley!

Oy, it's sixty pages? Heh, I was thinking it was like 5-10. I was considering a (now that I have an e-reader and also order pbooks online) somewhat rare trip to the bookstore to sit at the cafe and read it, but sixty is too many for that.

I still want to read it though. Ten dollars does still seem like too much just for that, but perhaps I can find a coupon or something. If I can get it under 5 then I think it'd be worth it, enough anyway.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #72
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Kobo has some 40% off coupons if you watch for them and my price is for Canada so it might be a bit cheaper elsewhere. I prefer ebooks these days so I might end up buying it myself...

William Goldman's commentary is quite amusing too if that helps you justify the cost!
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #73
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
You do know that the "Sample" is all that was written right?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by victauria View Post
And here's a cool coincidence: Today I was finishing Book 2 in the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, and as a parting gift, right on the very last page, this:
That is a serious spoiler. Please go back and edit your post so you don't spoil the book for others who have not read it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #75
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Edit: ignore this .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote