Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #16
jojo81
jojo81 began at the beginning.

Device: ezreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I too emailed both sales and support without response. Well I can thank the user wallcraft for pointing me in the right direction, http://robertbez.blogspot.com/2009/0...s-outside.html gives a quick overview. Seems you pay for shipping to Astak and they ship it back to you. From what I am seeing Astak are responding to people who have purchased and pre-purchase enquiries are seeming to be ignored. Kind of sad.
yeah it is a bit bad considering they are going to lose custom because of it, i am in no way prepared to hand over my hard earned cash o a company that cant be bothered responding to a simple but important query.
thanks for the link btw
jojo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:14 AM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Support is fine Robert. I got my order confirmation right away -- but it could use some additional information (who it's from, what was ordered, etc). Got my tracking number a few hours later. When I decided to return the reader, I got my RMA number the next day.
Looking forward to seeing the credit show up on my CC statement.

Overall - 4
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #18
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
For various reasons I decided the PP wasn't a good fit for me. Amy and Ruby responded quickly to my emails and got me an RMA number without any fuss. Assuming getting my card credited back goes as smoothly I'd give my experience an 4. Although 3-4 weeks seems a little long to wait for a credit.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #19
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
For various reasons I decided the PP wasn't a good fit for me. Amy and Ruby responded quickly to my emails and got me an RMA number without any fuss. Assuming getting my card credited back goes as smoothly I'd give my experience an 4. Although 3-4 weeks seems a little long to wait for a credit.
Brian was that one of the color version?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Brian was that one of the color version?
It was a Maroon one.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #21
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Robert,

I've only contacted your customer support once on a minor issue and the experience good. It was refreshing to get a response where it was obvious that the tech responding had actually read my e-mail.
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #22
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
I requested a replacement for my slate blue pocket pro this morning and received my RMA Number and UPS Shipping label via e-mail in less then 12 hours total.

That's good customer service in my book!
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #23
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Astak failure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo81 View Post
yeah it is a bit bad considering they are going to lose custom because of it, i am in no way prepared to hand over my hard earned cash o a company that cant be bothered responding to a simple but important query.
thanks for the link btw
Dear jojo81:

This is Robert B from Astak. Did we slip up? That is unacceptable and we will look into this. We pride ourselves on great customer service. IF we failed you then I am VERY humiliated and sorry.

We are going to check up on this! PLEASE leave me a private message with the details and what day and what time. It is NEVER a bother responding to anyone and this will NOT be left alone.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #24
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
International Shipping

Dear All:

I am trying to keep the International Orders being filled. So far, the volume has not been great but the effort to do the shipping has been a lot.

We are really caught here. We may, soon, have to stop filling International Orders and that really does hurt me. Reality is that costs to Astak are high and it is SO hard to take care of warranty service. We did the international shipping NOT to make money on it but to please everyone.

The reality is that it is not working out very well. ALL orders already placed will be cheerfully filled... no worries there. Just please be aware that we are concerned about continuing International Order Fulfillment and may eventually have to stop.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #25
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

I am trying to keep the International Orders being filled. So far, the volume has not been great but the effort to do the shipping has been a lot.

We are really caught here. We may, soon, have to stop filling International Orders and that really does hurt me. Reality is that costs to Astak are high and it is SO hard to take care of warranty service. We did the international shipping NOT to make money on it but to please everyone.

The reality is that it is not working out very well. ALL orders already placed will be cheerfully filled... no worries there. Just please be aware that we are concerned about continuing International Order Fulfillment and may eventually have to stop.
what are the problems with international orders?
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #26
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Urg, thats hard to hear now im wondering if in the future i can buy from you (hopefully) the 9" reader that would come out next year (or that i need to import from 3rd party)

Anyway, good luck on that Robertb, i know taking international orders can be a pain in the ass
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #27
Toeknee
Enthusiast
Toeknee began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultureulterior View Post
My mails (asking for an order confirmation- didn't feel right just sending you a paypal payment and waiting) went unanswered, so I called. It took three calls over two days to get through (all operators busy). Eventually I got through, and got a tracking code. The code still doesn't show up in the usps system (But apparently it can take 3-4 days to appear, usps must be using pigeons to sync).

Personally, I have had many better experiences on ebay, but I understand you're launching a product.

All in all, I'd give you a 3.
I had a similar yet very different experience. I ordered my EZReader Pro on the weekend and only got a confirmation from Paypal...nothing from Astak. As far as I knew, I was out money and had no confirmation that my order was received. I emailed them this morning and got a reply back within hours.

I was informed that my order was processed, got a tracking number and found out it shipped out yesterday. The sender apologized and informed me that their system currently does not currently allow them to send confirmation to Paypal purchases. They are working on fixing that though.

So far, I'm quite happy. I started off a bit concerned and ended up pleasantly surprised that it was already in transit. I give a 5 rating at this point.
Toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #28
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
what are the problems with international orders?
Have you ever filled out all the US Customs forms needed to ship a commercial product? PITA

Individuals shipping gifts usually have it asy.
And before you suggest it I had a friend and customs agent down under advise me to never falsify a customs document (gift, being a common one) as a business. If discovered, Every item you ship will get extra scrutiny...Forever
(I also got tips on how much can be shipped, where it is not worth their effort to collect duty)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #29
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Have you ever filled out all the US Customs forms needed to ship a commercial product? PITA

Individuals shipping gifts usually have it asy.
And before you suggest it I had a friend and customs agent down under advise me to never falsify a customs document (gift, being a common one) as a business. If discovered, Every item you ship will get extra scrutiny...Forever
(I also got tips on how much can be shipped, where it is not worth their effort to collect duty)
I am just asking in general what is the problem they are seeing.
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #30
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Hmm, if i order from them a product, and i specify that they send it normal way (no gift or anything) and send by USP/FedEx, etc. while i paid everything, whast the problem then?
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote