Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 07-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
cerda
cerda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
metadata download plugin related questions

I would like to ask two questions:

- when metadata 'search' is finished, a list of found matches is displayed. Is there a way how to modify the layout of 'details' in the right panel? ie. title / author / comments (resume)

- is there a way to disable ISBN merging or change to ID merging? I'm working with a site which (for some unknown reason) has for multiple part books the same ISBN ... so ISBN merging in this case reduces the number of valid matches ... ie. Book 1, Book 2, Book, all of them have the same ISBN and current output is 3 records merged into 1

Thanks
cerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, you cannot do either without modifying the source code.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
cerda

Thanks for a fast response.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough with seconds question - I've attached two 'details' one is definitely as wide as is the detail panel, second one is for some reason wider and uses a scroll bar, I'd like to prevent it. The only difference I see is the 'stars' delimiter ... so it's to be possible to control it somehow ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	detail1.PNG
Views:	217
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	108574   Click image for larger version

Name:	detail2.PNG
Views:	273
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	108575  
Old 07-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
cerda

Now I see my mistake ... it's not a delimiter, it's rating ... I had to convert percents to stars

And the first problem might be solved by not returning IBSN in isbn field ...

Last edited by cerda; 07-25-2013 at 05:24 PM.