Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 01:29 AM   #1
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Question Why no Troubleshooting prefix?

This is more of a forum question than a Kindle Fire question. Why isn't there a Troubleshooting prefix in the Fire subforum? In the main Kindle forum, there are:
Accessories
Cloud Reader
Content
Firmware Update
Hacks
K4 Mac or PC
Troubleshooting

Here in the Kindle Fire subforum, all we get is:
HD

Seems like the Fires have just as many problems as the eink Kindles, neh? I'm starting to feel like a second class citizen.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Yeah, sorry about that. We did come up with a few changes a few months ago, but that never crossed my mind. Mostly due to the forum primarily JUST being for troubleshooting and we just wanted to make sure that when people were talking about the HD version that it was properly noted.

One or two of us go on about other things here, and as far as hacking goes, I'd rather direct people over to XDA as that's where all the people who actually mod their Fires hang out. Unless it starts getting loud in here again, I think we're fine, but I think we should wait until the next literation of Fires to consider changing anything again.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Yeah, sorry about that. We did come up with a few changes a few months ago, but that never crossed my mind. Mostly due to the forum primarily JUST being for troubleshooting and we just wanted to make sure that when people were talking about the HD version that it was properly noted...
Hey Jessica,
Thanks for replying, but... According to the description of the forum, "Discuss Amazon's Kindle Fire." According to your post, "...the forum primarily JUST being for troubleshooting..." So... which is it? I had the impression it was a general forum specifically for the Fire Kindles as opposed to the eInk Kindles.

No biggie. I got used to being confused a looonnnng time ago.
Andy
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Hey Jessica,
Thanks for replying, but... According to the description of the forum, "Discuss Amazon's Kindle Fire." According to your post, "...the forum primarily JUST being for troubleshooting..." So... which is it? I had the impression it was a general forum specifically for the Fire Kindles as opposed to the eInk Kindles.

No biggie. I got used to being confused a looonnnng time ago.
Andy
It still is about talking about the Kindle Fire in general too, hahaha, I just think that the majority of people here graduated. Some people went off to the Nexus 7, I went for the iPad Mini, and very few ended up getting the HD version. I did buy my brother one though.

A lot has changed in the last one and a half years now too. The majority of us were just trying to find apps that worked well on the KF. There was the 10" tablet already, but 7" was pretty new. That's not much of a big issue now. And so now the majority of us are sitting back and enjoying I guess!

But yeah, if you have something to say, go ahead!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote