Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
Book series in Kobo Touch Library browser

Hi,

I finally got my brand new Kobo Touch today (getting it to Finland was not so easy as it sounds). Now, I have question about book series.

I have few series of books stored on my new Kobo (Wheel of Time, Farseer trilogy). I would like to be able to sort books by Series in library. Is this somehow possible?

I tried to put the book filename as :

Series - number - Bookname - Author.epub

But it seems Kobo takes the book information from the book metadata, not from book filename.

I am talking about sideloaded books of course.
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If you are using Calibre, you want to make use of the Metadata plugboards feature to handle this. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...95&postcount=3 for an example.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks, I will test. It sounds just what I need

EDIT. And after quick test, that works perfectly!

Last edited by GoingDown; 11-14-2011 at 07:46 AM.
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote