Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Database ids when working with devices

Ok, my head hurts from looking through this code for the last few hours so I shall ask instead for someone who knows...

For my Reading List plugin, I have added the ability to remove books from a device based on them being in a list.

I had to copy/paste a chunk of code from gui2.actions.delete.py with some tweaks for my requirements.

The problem I have is that when looping through the (model, id, path) values coming back from the "DeleteMatchingFromDeviceDialog", I want to translate that supposed "id" into a book id. As that id isn't actually an "id" as I require, it appears to be more an index into the model.db (retrieved earlier using model.paths_for_db_ids())

So I need to know the "real Calibre id" for each "supposed id". There is undoubtedly some stupidly simple lookup I can do to translate this. For instance I can do "model.db[id].title" and I can see that gives me the "book" (Metadata) I am after, but if I do model.db[id].id I get an AttributeError.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Ahhh - amazing what walking away from the keyboard for 10 seconds does - I can use model.db[id].application_id
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert