Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-29-2016, 04:04 AM   #1
bogfrog
bogfrog began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505's, Kindles far too many K1 K2's K3's K4's K5's KPW1/2/3 DXG KV
DXG date problem

I originally posted this in the main forum, but it has been suggested here might be a better place.

I have a similar but slightly different problem. I have a DXG (I like the bigger screen) which I purchased used. Generally it's fine but won't connect over 3G. So called Amazon support, and after a very frustrating time eventually got someone on the phone who seem to know what they are talking about, and actually knew what a DXG was, anyway it turns out Amazon (both UK and US) have no record of the DXG serial no. and therefore it won't register. Whilst the is mostly not a problem, the time is wrong on the device (normally set from the 3G provider) and that seems to stop KUAL loading (it seems to alternate between saying its not registered as a development machine and complaining about the date not being set/in range. It's JB and has the SS hack successfully installed. is there anything I can do to set the date & get KUAL working ?

geekmaster kindly replied :-

The wrong date can also affect certificates, because their authorization is time-sensitive. Your "missing certificate" error could be a side effect of wrong date. You can set the date manually (a "search" command), if you cannot update it via 3G.

FYI, this sort of question can be answered much more quickly and thoroughly if posted in the Kindle Developers Corner sub-forum, where the kindle hackers hang out.

But yeah, eschwartz's answer is relevant here too, in that the recent required update (which must now be side-loaded over USB) also affects certificates.

Yes I'm aware of the CA update and yes it is installed, and no it didn't make any difference. Also how do I set the date using the "search" command ?
bogfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:57 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
You use the 'search' command on this forum to learn how to set the date/time.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:27 AM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...36#post3307736
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
;st YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM
works in the main page search bar -
it might be protected ('off'') by the debugon/debugoff toggle
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote