Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
SheppZ
SheppZ began at the beginning.

Device: M92
M92 Defect

Hello there,

i have a M92 from onyx-boox.com since the beginning of last year and now occured a problem. All started with black stripes vertically over the screen, and the screen freezed. After several reboots the screen is all black and does not change. Connecting to the Pc still works, and the little light also reacts as i turn it on and off, but the screen remains dark, allso when it is turned off. Turning on sometimes shows the turning on bar at the bottom of the page, but then again all black. I tried to install the latest Firmware from Mobileread Forum, but i dont know whether it worked, as the device not showing anything.

Is there any solution to fix this problem by myself?
Does anybody has experience with the Artatech Team repairing Onyx Devices? Is it worth trying? How long does it take?

Unfortunately i need the Notes i did with it in PDF files, but they only appear as .sketch files, wich i can not open. I read in the forum that one have to merge the sketch and the PDF, what is now sadly impossible for me, as the reader does not show anything.

Is there a way to get the Notes (.sketch files) in the PDF file and print it, whithout a working M92?

Thank you for any reply!
SheppZ
SheppZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
It doesn't look like something you can repair by yourself. Sorry . Just send it for repair. I sent my M92 to ereader-store.de when it broke under warranty and I got the reader repaired in a few days. I don't know if they can repair your artatech model though
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheppZ View Post
Is there a way to get the Notes (.sketch files) in the PDF file and print it, whithout a working M92?
I do not know of any way to do it without Onyx e-reader.

But if you want, I can do it on mine if you send me pdf and sketch files. If it is not too much files. I can also flatten resulting pdfs so that it is possible to print pdf with sketches. Normaly it is possible to view them, but not print them.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I can also flatten resulting pdfs so that it is possible to print pdf with sketches. Normaly it is possible to view them, but not print them.
Hi Mono,

Which software/method do you use for this process. Is it the same as flattening by PDF Xchange viewer.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #5
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Yes, I flatten it in PDF Xchange and print it to pdf using Bullzip pdf virtual printer. This way there is no watermark even if using demoversion of Xchange.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #6
SheppZ

Wow thank you so much for your fast replies!

Unfortunately my warranty from onyx-boox.com is expired (it is only one year long), but i wrote artatech without reply so long. I also wrote the e-Reader Store, also without reply so long.
Does anybody know whether either the ereader store or artatech repairs eBooks without warranty?
Is it smart to let it repair if it was defect once? I don´t want to pay for repair when it does not last long. Is it normal that eReader have such a short Life?

Would you really do that for me Mono? Wow incredible Forum guys!

Thank you so much!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
SheppZ

Thank you so much for your fast replies! Incredible Forum!

Unfortunately the warranty has expired (only one year from onyx-boox.com).
I wrote artatech and eReader Store, both without reply so long.
Does anybody know whether they repair without warranty?
Is it smart to reapir a defect reader, or is it expensive?
Is it normal that it brakes after only 1,5 years?

Thank you so much!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #8
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Yes, I flatten it in PDF Xchange and print it to pdf using Bullzip pdf virtual printer. This way there is no watermark even if using demoversion of Xchange.
Thank you
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
ledmike
ledmike began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox m92
IMO avoid Artatech

I had some problems with bank payment with artatech for a broken screen (which is uncovered by warranty), they asserted they didn't recieved the payment and it took three months and the intervention of the chinese company after my complaint. You can read the story here.
Try something more sponsored on this site.
ledmike is offline   Reply With Quote