Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #16
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I hadn't thought of it that way, but it makes a lot of sense. It was't a big issue, it's just that I'm lazy
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Hey, I'm lazy like that too!
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #18
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I read once that all good programmers are lazy (laziness leads to code re-use, libraries, functions, OOP, etc). So I became lazy to try and become a good programmer. It seems to be taking a very long time, though
Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #19
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Thanks for the package. I've installed it under the latest Debian Testing, running XFCE. I already had QT installed, because I use a QT-based application called Frescobaldi. (It's a front-end / editor for the LaTeX-like sheet music typesetter Lilypond.)

I've been trying to switch to Linux for a long time (as I prefer Unix-type OS-es), but always returned to Windows because a few applications that were not available and had no alternative, or because I had some hardware which was unsupported in Linux. Adobe recently gave me another incentive by switching to subscription services only, something which I refulse to use under any circumstances.

All applications I use are available on Linux (or there usable alternatives) nowadays, apart from Adobe ADE and my games. I've installed Debian into VirtualBox to see how it works out. If all is well, I may (might...) eventually switch to Linux for daily usage, and keep Windows 7 / 8 / Next for gaming and ADE / Calibre de-DRM-ing. (It seems ADE 2.0 does not run in Wine anymore, as ADE 1.7.x did.)

Thanks again. I was surprised to see that Sigil is not in the Debian repositories.

PS: I don't want to switch to Linux because I hate Microsoft, or Windows. As said, I just prefer Unix-type OS-es, especially when using or needing a command line. (Long live Cygwin...) Still, Windows NT4 up to Windows 7 have worked great for me, for the last 15 years. However, I really detest the direction Microsoft took with Windows 8.

Last edited by Katsunami; 06-14-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks again. I was surprised to see that Sigil is not in the Debian repositories
You're welcome.

The latest versions of Sigil are not in the various repos quite simply because Qt5 (on which Sigil 0.7.x depends) is not yet in any of the repos.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #21
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You're welcome.

The latest versions of Sigil are not in the various repos quite simply because Qt5 (on which Sigil 0.7.x depends) is not yet in any of the repos.
Hm. Frescobaldi indeed uses QT 4.8.2. I wonder in what way it's handled if I need two versions of QT installed at the same time.

It's not just the latest version of Sigil that's missing in Debian; it seems not to be there at all.

And, while the font rendering in Linux is miles better than some time ago (at least they don't look all smeared and fuzzy now), I still think Windows has the better font rendering. I must look into this again, to see if I can get Ubuntu's font rendering on Debian in some way.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:10 AM   #22
avantman42
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
If all is well, I may (might...) switch to Linux for daily usage, and keep Windows 7 for gaming and ADE / Calibre de-DRM-ing. (It seems ADE 2.0 does not run in Wine anymore, as ADE 1.7.x did.)
You don't need a working copy of ADE to de-DRM ebooks in Calibre on Linux.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:45 AM   #23
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post

And, while the font rendering in Linux is miles better than some time ago (at least they don't look all smeared and fuzzy now), I still think Windows has the better font rendering. I must look into this again, to see if I can get Ubuntu's font rendering on Debian in some way.
Hi

You may try this:
http://www.binarytides.com/gorgeous-...-ubuntu-linux/
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #24
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

avantman42: Maybe not, but AFAIK, you need one to download the actual EPUB. If there is a possibility to download the EPUB (using the ASCM-file you get), and de-DRM it without ADE, could you point me to that information? If it's not allowed to paste a direct link, then just "suggest" some search terms

roger64: Thanks, I'll look into that
Old 06-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #25
avantman42
Wizard

Sorry, I'd forgotten about the .acsm malarkey (I don't buy DRM'd ePubs very often). I use Aldiko on my phone to download the ePub.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #26
jocala
jocala began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 2
Thanks for this! A great Fathers Day time-savings present
jocala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #27
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
The 64 bits has installed and runs without any problem on SolydX (XFCE variant of Debian)
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #28
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

The 64 bit .deb is no longer on google

So I have uploaded both (64 and 32) on my web page at http://="http://www.olgiati-in-parag...x-x86_64.deb"] and http://"http://www.olgiati-in-paragu...Linux-x86.deb" if anyone needs them
Old 06-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #29
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolgiati View Post
So I have uploaded both (64 and 32) on my web page at http://="http://www.olgiati-in-parag...x-x86_64.deb"] and http://"http://www.olgiati-in-paragu...Linux-x86.deb" if anyone needs them
I'm not certain what you mean about the 64 bit version "no longer on google." If you mean the ones I uploaded to Google Docs, both the links in my first post seem to be working fine: both 32 and 64 bit versions. I just checked.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #30
rolgiati
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not certain what you mean about the 64 bit version "no longer on google." If you mean the ones I uploaded to Google Docs, both the links in my first post seem to be working fine: both 32 and 64 bit versions. I just checked.
Last night I posted them on the SolydX forum, and got a reply the files were no longer available; I checked myself earlier this morning, and got the same reply from Google.

I see they are available again, which is all to the good ;-3)

And anyway it cannot hurt to have them saved in several places; I'll just have to make sure in the future that the files I have are the latest release.