Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #31
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Ordered non-SO on 9/7, prime member with 2 day shipping, EDD 10/11.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #32
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
I ordered (wifi only, SO) yesterday and my ship date is 10/23.

Last edited by tstarky; 09-17-2012 at 04:59 PM.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #33
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
pretty much the same "lead time" then
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #34
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Wish they'd just ship... last night my gf was complaining about the spillover from my K3's case light and I was paranoid that she'd complain about the seemingly super loud clicking of the page turn buttons [they always seem so loud in a silent room when she's trying to sleep!]. :-)
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #35
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The new Kindle Chloroform will put paid to your issues...
Old 09-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #36
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
The new Kindle Chloroform will put paid to your issues...
Will it help me overcome the angst I feel right before I check my order to see if there's a change in the shipping date?
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #37
twobob

BAHAHAH probably not.

However the Kindle Valium may be available soon!!!

DISCLAIMER: @Everyone_but_joehunt
Obviously this is a joke, please don't go searching for one...

EDIT: Sigh... I suppose I had better put some qualifiers on that before I get mailed to death
Quote:
In its basic form, the Joymaker is a remote time-sharing terminal which uses radio communications instead of wire lines, and interacts with its user via voice rather than a keyboard and text output. It is small and light enough to be worn or carried, resembling in some cases a small sceptre. It can also dispense various medications, stimulants etc. from reservoirs within it.
there you go.

Last edited by twobob; 09-18-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: REFS. just in case others do not quite grasp my mindset...
Old 09-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #38
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Will it help me overcome the angst I feel right before I check my order to see if there's a change in the shipping date?
Am relieved to know I'm not the only one with this illness.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #39
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Wish they'd just ship... last night my gf was complaining about the spillover from my K3's case light and I was paranoid that she'd complain about the seemingly super loud clicking of the page turn buttons [they always seem so loud in a silent room when she's trying to sleep!]. :-)
This is exacly why I upgraded to a Kindle Touch. It helped with the loud clicking but the light is still an issue. I expect the Paperwhite to greatly reduce the lighting complaint!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #40
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
If this release is like previous ones the first we'll each know that our Kindle is being readied will be when we see a serial number show up after the Paperwhite icon on the screen for "Manage Your Devices."

If I remember right that happens a short time before it changes to show "Shipping".
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #41
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
If this release is like previous ones the first we'll each know that our Kindle is being readied will be when we see a serial number show up after the Paperwhite icon on the screen for "Manage Your Devices."

If I remember right that happens a short time before it changes to show "Shipping".
Plus "Not yet Shipped" will first change to "Shipping Soon" meaning that it is being processed. Then it finally changes to "Shipped."
Old 09-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #42
jswinden
Nameless Being

If Amazon does what it did last year for next day deliveries, the "Not yet Shipped" designation will probably change to "Shipping Soon" either Saturday Sep 29 or Sunday Sep 30, and they will start arriving on Oct 1 depending on how far they have to ship.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-19-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #43
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
If Amazon does what it did last year for next day deliveries, the "Not yet Shipped" designation will probably change to "Shipping Soon" either Saturday Oct 29 or Sunday Oct 30, and they will start arriving on Oct 1 depending on how far they have to ship.
Arrive 4 weeks before shipped?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:58 AM   #44
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Arrive 4 weeks before shipped?
Its late at night. Obviously I meant to type Saturday Sep 29 or Sunday Sep 30 as the dates when the status might change to "Shipping Soon."
Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #45
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Ordered today. Top specs. Delivery between 26 -31 of october : (
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote