Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #61
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Sorry folks. I was simply responding to monkeytubes comment about the browser and someone elses comment on landscape mode. I did not mean to start a flame war.

Hopefully we will see reviews of the Nook Touch soon.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #62
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
stopped by a B&N at lunch, but they didn't have theirs in yet.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #63
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Got to play with a display unit over lunch... (Fargo, ND). In two minutes of playing with it I can definitely tell it's going to be an awesome upgrade over my Original. Was disappointed that the main shipment wasn't there yet... they were expecting them today, so hopefully this afternoon or early evening...

Can't wait one more day... (ok - a little dramatic)
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #64
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
Got to play with a display unit over lunch... (Fargo, ND). In two minutes of playing with it I can definitely tell it's going to be an awesome upgrade over my Original. Was disappointed that the main shipment wasn't there yet... they were expecting them today, so hopefully this afternoon or early evening...

North Dakota! I jest.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #65
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Members may disagree with opinions, but MobileRead does not tolerate personal attacks and name-calling. At this moment, there is a PM awaiting one member.

MobileRead Moderation Team.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #66
JohnnyRocks
Zealot
JohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-books

Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
@JohnnyRocks

Take a look on the attached pictures. Like I explained on my previous post, Kindle on landscape allows you more words per line, which you were challenging. And yes, that's important because you read lines and from left to right, unless you're reading a foreign language like Japanese. On a more complex code, it is much worse.

I will also let others judge and take their own conlusions. You have lost the privilege of debating with me. Besides being wrong, and not accepting it, and won't waste my time talking to such a rude person.

Learn how to disagree with arguments, not insulting forum members.

I defy you to show me where I have challenged more words per line. At this point I'm convinced that you are doing this just to be difficult, and for no other reason. Go ahead. Where did I challenge that there were more words per line? In fact, did you even read any of my posts?

You are the one that is incorrect here, as your assertion was "more words per page" not "more words per line" (which was never in contention...obviously there are more words per line...duh...). And conveniently, you have now changed your stance, pretending that you didn't, initially say that there were more words per page.

Last edited by JohnnyRocks; 06-02-2011 at 04:19 PM.
JohnnyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #67
JohnnyRocks
Zealot
JohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-books

Device: PocketBook 360
By the way, if words per line were as important as you claim (because you read a book from left to right) then wouldn't even printed books be in landscape? Of course they are not, and, of course, that is because words per line isn't the only consideration. Otherwise, someone would invent a 10 foot wide by 1 inch tall ereader that displayed a thousand words per line but only one line per page. Do you see how absurd the logic is?
JohnnyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #68
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
It is also a preference some of us have for holding the reader. And it was pretty much a standard feature for reading apps on PDAs going back over a decade. For some reason B&N seems to be one of the few reader makers that doesn't include this mode on their newer readers.
It's puzzling. The NOOK Android app supports 2-page landscape mode. Just can't grasp why the great functionality of the app doesn't carry over to the NOOKcolor and NOOK Touch. I know I keep rehashing this. I don't expect a 2-page view on the small screens.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #69
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post

Which features of it inspire awe in you?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #70
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiannaInVA View Post
It might be better to just close this thread and start over. Every time I see this thread updated I think there is someone posting about the new nook...*sigh*
Whereas I have him on Ignore, so it's just a nice, clean page for me.

Last edited by anamardoll; 06-02-2011 at 05:01 PM.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #71
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRocks View Post
What other question is that?
She wanted to know what Scion thought about the new Touch.

EDIT: Wow, two pages of posts appeared in the time it took me to make this post!

Last edited by jswinden; 06-02-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #72
SCION
Séduisant

Found a store with demo units on display. 33 miles away. I could just wait until tomorrow to satisfy my curiosity at my local store. What other reason could there be for making the trip?
Old 06-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #73
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Found a store with demo units on display. 33 miles away. I could just wait until tomorrow to satisfy my curiosity at my local store. What other reason could there be for making the trip?
Well, buy it or get more anxious about it! That's a strong reason. Cialdini will call it "Commitment and Consistency" ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #74
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Going to look at (and hopefully buy) mine this weekend.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #75
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Let's see, 33 miles in Dallas rushhour traffic...you probably wouldn't arrive until tomorrow anyway!

BTW, if your local B&N still doesn't have them tomorrow you might call the store at the Parks Mall in Arlington. You said you were in southern Dallas and that B&N is just off I-20 in Arlington.