Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
eosrose
Enthusiast
eosrose began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Custom columns to call up metadata from epub's opf?

I have a collection of epubs that include both author (<dc:creator opf:role="aut">) and artist (<dc:creator opf:role="art">) information in the opf. The author information displays just fine, but I think I need to create a column to display the artists. I'd rather not have to add this information from scratch. Is there any way to create a column that will read this information if it exists in the epub...?
eosrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:33 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
No. Custom columns can read only the info in calibre's database for the book.

One way to get started would be to use the command line. Write a script/program that scans your library for epubs, extracts the OPF from the epub, extracts the artist information from that opf, then writes that information to a custom column using calibredb set_custom. The library scan could use a search to look for books that have not been processed, perhaps a tag or perhaps a boolean custom column.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert