Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
starbooks
starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: iphone, Pocketbook 602
Pandigital Novel Multimedia eBook Reader

Hi guys,

Groupon Austria is offering a Pandigital Novel ebook reader at the moment. Although it looks a bit more like a tablet...

Has anyone tried a Pandigital reader before? And can give me a review?

Thanks!
starbooks
starbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I don't see it on the website. Which Novel model is it?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
starbooks
starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.starbooks knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

here's the link:
http://www.groupon.at/deals/online-deal/noax/686681

it's the 7-inch version.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
starbooks

I found a youtube review and it said that the batteries last only about 6 hours.

What's more important for me is: how is the reader working in the direct sunlight? is it easy to read (like on a kindle) or more like on a netbook (nearly impossible=?
Old 08-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbooks View Post
here's the link:
http://www.groupon.at/deals/online-deal/noax/686681

it's the 7-inch version.
No, it's the white 7" version. Forget it. There are better tablets out there for the same price.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
It looks like it's the original white version that came out over a year ago. I agree with Nate, there are better bang-for-your-euro tablets out now. It's disappointing that they are still charging the original price for a product that is past it's service lifetime. Even Pandigital has 3 or 4 new devices out since they released that one.

Still, if you are interested, the people here can answer any questions about the Novel.
http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/38-p...et-discussion/
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
starbooks

Thanks!

I was afraid of that.

BUT, I want an ereader, not a tablet.
I guess, I will get a kindle or an OYO after all.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
what it actually excels at is nighttime reading using grey type on a black background (Coolreader or Aldiko). Use mine daily and love it (let's me read in a bedroom with a baby and wife without disturbing anyone), but only for that purpose (Well sometimes I do crosswords with Shortyz).

Like I said, I love mine, but as others have said, that price is too high and it would not work well for your purposes.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
I have one and love it, it is an android tablet but does not do market without some modifications which you can find at the slatedroid site listed above. It is resisitive screen, very nice little unit for what it is. You can pick it up for 100 dollars or so from time to time. You might snoop tigerdirect.com and geeks.com one of them had them the other day.

It works with a number of readers though you not all versions of the readers work. Kindle, nook, aliko, cool reader, ireader and others.

Mysword Bible program does well on it.

Not all apps work, it is trial and error. You can change the battery in it and has a 1gig card inside and sd slot outside.

youtube will give you a good idea of what it will do.

As has been mentioned it is not a great deal at the price in the link above.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:55 AM   #10
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
As I told you in the german sub-forum, for your needs you are far better off with a Kindle, a Sony or a PB. If you wait a bit, the kobo touch should be out soon in Germany too, so available in Austria I guess.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote