Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Virag
Virag began at the beginning.

Device: ipaq handheld, laptop, Sony prs 505, iPhone
The Star Captain's Daughter free ebook

http://thestarcaptainsdaughter.wordpress.com/

Saw this as I was looking around today.
Virag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Another author who just doesn't get eBooks. PDF is not an eBook format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thanks very much virag for posting the link. perhaps if someone is interested they could contact the author and suggest the book would be more accessible if it were made available in other formats.

also, if the author is looking for exposure, they could upload it here in our ebooks section and at feedbooks.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
I'm confused. Why is PDF not considered an ebook format? I understand that it does not display well on most mobile devices, but it can still be viewed on a laptop or desktop computer.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Another author who just doesn't get eBooks. PDF is not an eBook format.
The author was actually asked for PDF, see Trying to Decide on SCD eBook. The PDF seems to have been created from a Word document, without good metadata or a TOC.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
Kimber An
Kimber An began at the beginning.

Device: none
That would be me.

Hello! Kimber An here, creator of the Star Captains' Daughter. I'm still trying to get over being referred to as an author! I promise I won't let it go to my head. Seriously though, I've never had anything published by a paying publisher, so I feel people would just ridicule me if I called myself an author. I certainly am flattered when people call me an author though.

I'm brand-spanking new to this. My Blog Buddy, Tia from fantasydebut.blogspot.com and I have been figuring out the PDF version of SCD. She got it to work well with Adobe Acrobat on her computer, but the paragraphs indent funny. I'm still trying to work out the glitches, so if anyone has any suggestions I sure would appreciate them.

Thanks to all who popped in to check out my story. I'll be looking into the variety of ways to distribute it over the coming days.
Kimber An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber An View Post
Hello! Kimber An here, creator of the Star Captains' Daughter. I'm still trying to get over being referred to as an author! I promise I won't let it go to my head. Seriously though, I've never had anything published by a paying publisher, so I feel people would just ridicule me if I called myself an author. I certainly am flattered when people call me an author though.

I'm brand-spanking new to this. My Blog Buddy, Tia from fantasydebut.blogspot.com and I have been figuring out the PDF version of SCD. She got it to work well with Adobe Acrobat on her computer, but the paragraphs indent funny. I'm still trying to work out the glitches, so if anyone has any suggestions I sure would appreciate them.

Thanks to all who popped in to check out my story. I'll be looking into the variety of ways to distribute it over the coming days.
Welcome to here
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:44 AM   #8
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:

Could I suggest that you do a search for Jeffery Carver (sp) or Starrigger? He's an author who has learned how to distribute his books as ebooks, and may be willing to give you some tips.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:06 PM   #9
Kimber An

SCD at Feedbooks

Thanks again to everyone who gave advice and encouragement

I just downloaded The Star Captains' Daughter at feedbooks. I'm in the middle of a 'making it pretty' edit. The indents got bumped around and I'm deleting my page numbers, because they do it for me automatically. At feedbooks, books are made available in a variety of formats for several different kinds of eBook readers.

http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/3372
Old 01-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Thanks again to everyone who gave advice and encouragement

I just downloaded The Star Captains' Daughter at feedbooks. I'm in the middle of a 'making it pretty' edit. The indents got bumped around and I'm deleting my page numbers, because they do it for me automatically. At feedbooks, books are made available in a variety of formats for several different kinds of eBook readers.

http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/3372
nice ! yes, feedbooks is an excellent distribution platform. their ebook publishing process ensures that the file will be good quality in every format, with minimum work on your part. and they have a lot of users, so you could potentially gain a lot of readers. good decision to put it up there.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Welcome Kimber An, I'll have to check out your book soon.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #12
Kimber An

Cover Art at Feedbooks

Thanks! I'm half-way through with the 'making it pretty' edits. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to post the cover art. I posted it and it turned up as my avatar. That's fine, but I really wanted my cover art. It's so beautiful. It's cropped from 'Cupid & Psyche' by Francois Gerard, a Public Domaine image.

Cover art must be already on-line and I already had it in MySpace pics. No problem. Still, it's a no-go.

http://www.myspace.com/kimberannebula

Last edited by Kimber An; 01-25-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 01-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Thanks! I'm half-way through with the 'making it pretty' edits. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to post the cover art. I posted it and it turned up as my avatar. That's fine, but I really wanted my cover art. It's so beautiful. It's cropped from 'Cupid & Psyche' by Francois Gerard, a Public Domaine image.

Cover art must be already on-line and I already had it in MySpace pics. No problem. Still, it's a no-go.

http://www.myspace.com/kimberannebula
Just click "New Reply" on the bottom left of the end of the thread (There should be one on top too). Then above the comment area, you'll see a little icon that looks like a picture. Click that, and a box comes up. Paste the URL of the image there. Or, if it is saved to your computer, go down to "Additional Options" when you click New Reply, click manage attachments, click browse, and upload your photo. Type something in the comment section and hit submit reply.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #14
Virag
Virag began at the beginning.

Device: ipaq handheld, laptop, Sony prs 505, iPhone
Thanks for doing all this:>. I'm looking forward to downloading it in one of the new formats!
Virag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #15
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Don't forget Manybooks.net, which is easier to submit your book to and provides far more file types for people to download.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote