Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #76
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Today I received a brown Moko Slim style case. I love it! Excellent quality. So slim! I still like the Graphgrip, but I wanted something to protect the front in case I take it out of the house. This thing is perfect.

I also just got a black poetic case with hand strap, for when I want to use the strap or stand the tablet up, but it is much bulkier.
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:44 AM   #77
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Today I received a brown Moko Slim style case. I love it! Excellent quality. So slim! I still like the Graphgrip, but I wanted something to protect the front in case I take it out of the house. This thing is perfect.

I also just got a black poetic case with hand strap, for when I want to use the strap or stand the tablet up, but it is much bulkier.
I have to ask on Moko what the difference between it and the Poetic slimline case they look identical to me other than the metal clasp?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2014, 01:28 AM   #78
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I really like the slim Moko case too, my only concern has been the metal clasp. Does it seem possible it could scratch the screen, booklover?
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:13 AM   #79
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I really like the slim Moko case too, my only concern has been the metal clasp. Does it seem possible it could scratch the screen, booklover?
I'm wondering this too I saw reviews claiming that has happen.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:55 AM   #80
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like the Moko better than the Poetic. We have two of the Poetics on our Nook HD's. They tend to fray at the edges, especially at the bottom. In addition, the Moko seems a bit sturdier.

I don't see how the clasp could scratch the screen, unless there was a lot of pressure exerted, perhaps. There is a lip rising on the bottom of the shell, to which the metal clasp attaches. So the metal should never touch the screen, unless someone squeezed it or put something heavy on it, neither of which I will do! So maybe it's not a good cover for a child. But for me, I love it.
Advert
Old 01-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #81
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks so much for your reply, booklover. I wanted to get one, but that has been my concern. I read a couple people saying it scratched theirs in the Amazon reviews, but maybe they weren't very careful and put things on top of it, as you mentioned. I'm very careful and easy on my things so it would likely be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm wondering this too I saw reviews claiming that has happen.
Same here which is what scared me away from buying it. Ended up going with the Poetic which love, but I'm tired of the one I have already, haha. I'm looking to pick up another one. I should have went with a color! My current one is black with white flowers, and it's nice, but the black is a little dull.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #82
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks so much for your reply, booklover. I wanted to get one, but that has been my concern. I read a couple people saying it scratched theirs in the Amazon reviews, but maybe they weren't very careful and put things on top of it, as you mentioned. I'm very careful and easy on my things so it would likely be fine.

Same here which is what scared me away from buying it. Ended up going with the Poetic which love, but I'm tired of the one I have already, haha. I'm looking to pick up another one. I should have went with a color! My current one is black with white flowers, and it's nice, but the black is a little dull.
I am not one to care about looks just how it feels and functions. I have Poetic black slimlines on both my tablets. My biggest complaint is how the middle of the front flap causes a imprint on the screen that I have to clean it each day.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #83
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I am not one to care about looks just how it feels and functions. I have Poetic black slimlines on both my tablets. My biggest complaint is how the middle of the front flap causes a imprint on the screen that I have to clean it each day.
I used to be a black case only girl, shockingly. Now I'm all about the colors. Oh and function too. I know what you mean about the flap causing the imprint. I keep my little cloth handy at all times.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #84
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Sold my white Moko case on ebay, so not losing any money. I really love the Poetic GraphGrip Case I have on it. That thing is SO nice. (Nobody mentioned a smell either, and I didn't ask). Of course that has no screen protection, so I might get another Moko Slimfit later. Or the one with the hand strap. I love hand straps.

Oh on my Graphgrip I added one of my girls black hair bands diagonally and it serves as a hand strap! I told them they can't have it back.
I'm thinking of using this when I use the Nexus to listen to the radio on my treadmill. Would help prevent it from slipping. I'm super sensitive to chemical smells though so a little concerned about that. What color did you get?
Old 01-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #85
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm thinking of using this when I use the Nexus to listen to the radio on my treadmill. Would help prevent it from slipping. I'm super sensitive to chemical smells though so a little concerned about that. What color did you get?
I got black. I can't stand light colors around the edges of my tablets.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #86
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
I got black. I can't stand light colors around the edges of my tablets.
Ah I see. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #87
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

I picked up the magenta colored Poetic case for my Nexus 7. I love it! It's a gorgeous bright pink. It's slightly lighter and brighter in person than it appears in the pic. It's a really pretty color.

(The case behind it is the sky blue Poetic case I have on my iPad.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nexus7case.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	118223  
Old 01-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #88
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
I picked up the magenta colored Poetic case for my Nexus 7. I love it! It's a gorgeous bright pink. It's slightly lighter and brighter in person than it appears in the pic. It's a really pretty color.

(The case behind it is the sky blue Poetic case I have on my iPad.)
Same color and case I originally had for my iPad mini Retina. I can't believe I paid $69 for it. I got a Poetic case like yours in black for my Nexus 7.2 for less than $20, and it is just as good as the Apple case! I returned the Apple case and went with an Otterbox Defender case instead.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #89
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Same color and case I originally had for my iPad mini Retina. I can't believe I paid $69 for it. I got a Poetic case like yours in black for my Nexus 7.2 for less than $20, and it is just as good as the Apple case! I returned the Apple case and went with an Otterbox Defender case instead.
Oh I know, those Apple smart cases are so insanely expensive. I do love the slim style smart cases though so the Poetic case is perfect as long as you're careful (I'm very easy on my things) and don't need heavy duty protection.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:06 AM   #90
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I had to order a matte black skin for the front of my Nexus 7. It is too shiny! The screen itself is not shining when I am reading on it, just the edges around the page.