Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
kael425
kael425 began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
moving new/updated covers from Calibre to Itunes?

I have a bunch of ebooks in epub format. Several of them are missing covers, so I added them to Calibre and downloaded their covers. The covers show up in Calibre, but when I import the epub files into my itunes, the books are still missing covers or have the outdated ones that I replaced on Calibre. What should I do? Why aren't the new covers showing up?
kael425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Downloading a cover only adds it to calibre's library. It doesn't actually change anything in the epub itself.

There are several ways you can insert the new cover into the epub itself.

1. Reconvert the epub (If the original book is epub, you can still run an epub to epub conversion).

2. Edit the book with Sigil. The Open With plugin is useful if you want to use this method.

3. Use the Modify Epub plugin to insert the cover without reconverting.

#1 is the easiest because it doesn't require additional plugins. However, it may have some unintended consequences because you're doing a full conversion on the book. #3 requires you to install a plugin, but after that it's just as easy as #1, and avoids the issues that may arise with a full conversion.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
kael425
kael425 began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Ok, so I clicked convert, but nothing seemed to happen, and the file doesn't say that it's been updated or anything. Do I have to upload each title image one at a time?
kael425 is offline   Reply With Quote