Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
KNI
Connoisseur
KNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Sony PRS-650
Book Titles in PRS-650

I own a Sony PRS-650 which overall I am very pleased with.

But I have one problem, and I think it might be possible to solve it with Calibre:

The listing of books in the reader show only the titles, and do NOT include the author's name. There is room for the author's name on the screen.

Is there a way to have Calibre add the Author's name to the listing?

Help with this would be very much appreciated!
KNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
You can use the Calibre Metadata plugboard feature to achieve a wide variety of display customisations on your Sony.

But before doing any of that, I am a little confused by the fact you cannot already see the Author's name. How are you actually viewing your booklist on the Sony? I have attached a screencap of what I see when I select Home - Books see all - by Author. In what way is yours different?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plugboard.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	74829  
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNI View Post
The listing of books in the reader show only the titles, and do NOT include the author's name. There is room for the author's name on the screen.
When you are viewing the list by title go to options and change the view from Title Only to List. At least that is how I change it on my 950 from seeing just the Title to seeing the Title and Author.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
KNI
Connoisseur
KNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Sony PRS-650
Jackie W and dwanthny! Thanks very much indeed - that was exactly what I needed!

My head is still sore from the self-administered severe slap to the side.

I am grateful to you both!

Cheers

KNI
KNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
readergirl218
Enthusiast
readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (white), Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-300,
Title View

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
When you are viewing the list by title go to options and change the view from Title Only to List. At least that is how I change it on my 950 from seeing just the Title to seeing the Title and Author.
Thank you so much for this tip! I've had my PRS-650 since February and it has been driving me crazy looking at book list in "book cover" mode. You have made my day!
readergirl218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
JenPen1
Connoisseur
JenPen1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS505 (given away), Sony 650 Touch, LG Nexus 4, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Thanks from me too. I have had my 650 for a couple of days and needed a slap on the side of my head, as I couldn't seem to get the list instead of icons of the book covers!
JenPen1 is offline   Reply With Quote