Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #1
womar
womar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
RISKS Digest Full Text Feed - Links only or Duplicate Body

I'm sure this should be something very simple but I can't yet make this work properly. I'd like to take an RSS/Atom feed for Risks digest <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/risks> for my Kindle (MOBI). I've tried the RSS 1.0, 2.0 and ATOM feeds and generally I end up with links to the articles over and over again and no content. However sometimes if I try and add multiple feeds into a single document, I either get the same thing, but sometimes I get the same articles repeated over and over again! e.g if there are 5 stores I seem to either get 5^2 links to those 5 articles or I get 5^2 copies of the articles. I've not yet been able to understand how to get just the full text to all of them once.

Also I'm generally unable to edit the recipes in Basic mode, when I click on them the right hand side is completely unpopulated, I need to either remove thema nd recreate or use Advanced mode.

I'm using 0.7.44 on the Mac, had same/similar issues on Linux too.

Thanks for any tips.

Last edited by womar; 02-13-2011 at 09:58 AM.
womar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
womar
womar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I've also tried with 0.7.45 and have made no progress, for example using the full text RSS2 feed as set up below, I only get pages and pages of links, not the full text.

Code:
class AdvancedUserRecipe1297608992(BasicNewsRecipe):
    title          = u'The RISKS Digest'
    oldest_article = 21
    max_articles_per_feed = 100

feeds          = [(u'The RISKS Digest', u'http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/risksrss2.xml')]
womar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert