Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #826
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
An expiration date is part of the Adobe Digital Editions spec. The book won't actually be deleted at the end of the end of the checkout period, but the reader will know that your license to view it has expired and will refuse to allow you to read it.
Thanks

Will the license to view expiration software have migrated via Calibre into the Glo?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:35 AM   #827
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Thanks

Will the license to view expiration software have migrated via Calibre into the Glo?
I think the answer may depend on what plugins you have operating in Calibre.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #828
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I think the answer may depend on what plugins you have operating in Calibre.
Yeah thanks , Just the standard tools, but I take you point.

I'll know if the expiration due software migrated from Calibre on the due return date, but it's curious in the meantime, eh.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #829
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Is this too old of a thread to reply to yet?

From the Overdrive blog

Quote:
As we reported yesterday, Penguin eBooks are now available in the OverDrive Marketplace. Today, we are delighted to announce that Penguin eBooks will be available for “Get for Kindle” in the same convenient manner as the other Kindle eBooks (US only) in your OverDrive collection. The USB side-loading requirement has been lifted and Penguin eBooks will have the same great ease of use as all other publishers’ eBooks. You can expect to see the change in your library’s collection soon. - See more at: http://overdriveblogs.com/library/20....OJGxmVL5.dpuf
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #830
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Is this too old of a thread to reply to yet?

From the Overdrive blog

That's nice; but the funny thing is, I never had USB side-load any of their books to begin with.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #831
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
That's great news for patrons who do not have a PC! I stumbled over quite a few that needed to be loaded over USB.

Hypothetically speaking, one could have hypothetically thought that, in that case, one may as well just load the ePub through calibre and send over to the Kindle wirelessly, which would kind of defy the entire purpose.... hypothetically speaking....

Last edited by xendula; 09-26-2013 at 11:27 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #832
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Couldn't log into Brooklyn Public Library this past Wednesday, so called to see if the glitch was on their end or mine (thought maybe my out-of-state subscription had expired, but no, I still have another month).

Turned out to be a problem on their end which only lasted 20-30 minutes early Wednesday a.m.

In chatting with the gal in circulation, she told me that the library has decided to no longer offer subscriptions to international patrons and, in fact, won't be renewing their subscriptions in the future. Out-of-state subscriptions will still be available for U.S. patrons.

She also mentioned that in their last couple of meetings, they've brought up the idea of offering free or reduced-price subscriptions to military and/or senior citizens (much like FLP currently does).

Just thought I'd pass along my little gossip session with Angie from BPL.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #833
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Great news about Penguin ebooks. Hopefully they will be in Canadian libraries soon.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #834
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Out-of-state subscriptions will still be available for U.S. patrons.

She also mentioned that in their last couple of meetings, they've brought up the idea of offering free or reduced-price subscriptions to military and/or senior citizens (much like FLP currently does).

Just thought I'd pass along my little gossip session with Angie from BPL.
Thanks for mentioning this. My dad has a free one from FLP. If Brooklyn chooses to offer this as well, I'll pass that along.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #835
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Thanks for mentioning this. My dad has a free one from FLP. If Brooklyn chooses to offer this as well, I'll pass that along.
FLP no longer offers free subscriptions. I don't know how it will affect our current cards. The wording isn't clear but back in May they changed this policy.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #836
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Bad for me. I'll lose my subscription.

Ciao

Terisa de Morgan
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #837
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
FLP no longer offers free subscriptions. I don't know how it will affect our current cards. The wording isn't clear but back in May they changed this policy.
I didn't know this. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll see if he's aware of that.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #838
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I didn't know this. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll see if he's aware of that.
http://libwww.freelibrary.org/blog/i...fm?postid=1792

Like I said they aren't clear if this only applies to new patrons or those who already have one. If we eventually lose ours free status or not.

It's now $50 a year there which with the limited ebooks they have just isn't worth it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #839
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
http://libwww.freelibrary.org/blog/i...fm?postid=1792

Like I said they aren't clear if this only applies to new patrons or those who already have one. If we eventually lose ours free status or not.

It's now $50 a year there which with the limited ebooks they have just isn't worth it.
Darn it! Then again, it's only $15 more, and I use them all the time...
Old 09-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #840
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post

In chatting with the gal in circulation, she told me that the library has decided to no longer offer subscriptions to international patrons and, in fact, won't be renewing their subscriptions in the future. Out-of-state subscriptions will still be available for U.S. patrons.
Is there any library available to non-US residents now?
Why would they get rid of it, if it brings them income, did she say?