Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
fizzlepop
fizzlepop began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Archos 101 Support?

Just downloaded the new 0.7.42 and noticed that it had Archos 101 support. I've connected my 101 via USB and mounted it to copy files, but Calibre is not showing it as a device.. what am I missing?
fizzlepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzlepop View Post
I've connected my 101 via USB and mounted it to copy files
  • What OS are you using?
  • How are you mounting it?
  • Excuse my ignorance, but is it possible your mounting software is conflicting with calibre's way of mounting the device?
  • Is the device interface plugin enabled?
  • Do you have a device like a iPhone connected to your computer for charging? (If so disconnect and try again)
Open calibre, connect your device, go to Preferences - Miscellaneous and click on Debug device detection. Include the output here in a post.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-22-2011 at 11:10 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 03:58 AM   #3
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My Archos 70 (Gen 8 as 101) was recognized as Android Phone in Calibre 7.42 when plugging it with usb. All enews will be automatically uploaded to /ebooks/import/ folder in Archos internal drive.

The /ebooks/import/ folder is for Aldiko Reader on Android.

As I usually generate mobi output for enews, it would be nice if Calibre can automatically upload them to /Kindle folder. I'm not sure how I can tweak Calibre to do that; or have to ask Kovid for that.

In the meantime, I have to use manually press Save to Disk button in Calibre menu and specify /Kindle folder as a destination folder. It's fine, but automatic upload would be nice.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:10 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
As I usually generate mobi output for enews, it would be nice if Calibre can automatically upload them to /Kindle folder. I'm not sure how I can tweak Calibre to do that; or have to ask Kovid for that.

In the meantime, I have to use manually press Save to Disk button in Calibre menu and specify /Kindle folder as a destination folder. It's fine, but automatic upload would be nice.
If you disable to plugin for your device you can use the Connect to folder option to connect to /Kindle folder. Once connected this folder will be treated as a device. Under preferences - tweaks there is a tweak you can use so it automatically connects to that folder.

Good Luck.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:16 AM   #5
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Thanks dwanthny. I have both Archos 70 and Kindle 3.

If I do as you suggest, when I plug my Kindle 3, will it still upload my enews to the right folder in my Kindle 3?

By the way, how can I disable plugin?

Last edited by bthoven; 01-24-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 04:29 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Thanks dwanthny. I have both Archos 70 and Kindle 3.

If I do as you suggest, when I plug my Kindle 3, will it still upload my enews to the right folder in my Kindle 3?

By the way, how can I disable plugin?
I was suggesting you go to Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugins - find the Android plugin and disable it.

Don't mess with your Kindle plugin and the Kindle will keep working as it always has.

Only connect one device to calibre at a time.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:00 AM   #7
bthoven
Evangelist

Hi dwanthny,

I've tried that and Calibre automatically upload enews to /Kindle folder. The problem is the enews are in /News subfolder which Kindle for Android won't dig into it. The enews has to be in /Kindle root folder, not /Kinlde/News/.

Any way to put it in /Kindle root folder?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:19 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Any way to put it in /Kindle root folder?
I didn't anticipate calibre creating a news directory on a connect to folder device. Submit a bug/enhancement request and see if this can be controlled.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can go to preferences->plugins->device interface plugins and customize the folder device to not use sub directories.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #10
bthoven
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can go to preferences->plugins->device interface plugins and customize the folder device to not use sub directories.
Hi Kovid,

Thanks. I go into Android plugin customization screen, it lists only ePub and PDF. How can I add Mobi and AZW into it?
Old 01-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

you can't. You have to use the folder device plugin
Old 01-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #12
bthoven
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
you can't. You have to use the folder device plugin
In Folder Device plugin, I can see any option to disable subfolder?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah I see that plugin doesn't support that customization. In that case I'm afraid your only option is to use save to disk in a single directory. You can also open a ticket asking for that customization to be added to the folder device driver.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #14
bthoven
Evangelist

Thanks Kovid, I already raise a ticket #8554.