Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 04:58 AM   #1
jjje555
jjje555 began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX
Weird problem with metadata in converted books?

Hi all:

I'm having problems converting books and transfering to my device. Sometime I download to Calibre books in RTF format. Then I convert them to EPUB and when I pick in someone of them I saw the both versions, EPUB and RTF. As I don't want RTF I use to edit metadata in block for all books and delete the RTF format. Well, everything seems ok after that, picking again over the previously converted book I only see it's in EPUB format now. But when I transfer that book to my device Calibre asks for a conversion, almost as Calibre thinks it's still in RTF format, and if I answer "yes" then Calibre convert them to PDF format!!!.

It's quite strange. My first impressions were I choose some special conversion when transfering, or preferred version for my device, or something like that, but I can't see anything bad in my configuration.

This behaviour only ocurrs, at least, with RTF and HTML files converted to EPUB. If no conversion nothing strange ocurrs. I use Linux, but I suppose OS is not relevant.

Any idea ?

Thanks and best regards.
jjje555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:18 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
There is a typo in the Boox driver that is preventing it from regestring EPUB as a supported format. I have corrected it. PDF is the next supported format for the device that's why it is trying to auto convert to PDF. Use Save to Disk in the mean time until the next release which should contain the fix.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
jjje555
jjje555 began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX
Oh! thanks user_none. I can modify the BOOX plugin meanwhile.

Thanks a lot...
jjje555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
In the FORMATS line epub has a typo, ebub is what is there.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote