Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
How many hours do you spend reading per day?

Hello,

I just want to start by saying that if this question has already been posted/discussed in another thread please point me in that direction (I did search, but found nothing) and disregard this thread .

My husband sometimes complains that I read too much (he is NOT a reader, even a magazine article about cars won't get him interested in reading). I don't think I spend that much time reading, but maybe I do spend a lot of time with my nose in my Kobo

I average about a half hour in the morning before work and 1 -2 hrs at night depending on what shows are on tv. So, I'm curious how much time you spend reading everyday?

Thanks in advance!

Tanya
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
hgwlackey
Zealot
hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle Touch, HTC Thunderbolt
I read about as much as you on weekdays, though I'm closer to an hour most mornings.

On weekends it can add up to 6-8 hours a day.

My husband doesn't complain, but that's because he's busy with his own hobbies. (He is also a reader, just not quite as much as me. He probably spends 30-60 minutes a day reading books.)
hgwlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
If you count being on this site..........waaaay to much time!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
hols57
hols57
hols57 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 300packed up -thanks,Sony!) Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
If you count being on this site..........waaaay to much time!

...same here! If I'm not reading, I spend hours looking at this site plus others for ebooks, eg manybooks, feedbooks, WHSmith....
hols57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
2-3, depending. Sometimes less, sometimes more, but that is my average I would say.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Not counting the Internet about 3-4 hours/day (depending on how hectic my life is that day).
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #7
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
2-3 hours per day:
0.5 morning newspaper
0.5 evening Bible study
1-2 evening book reading
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Vary's drastically depending on a number of factors including weather, what I'm reading and how much I'm enjoying it. I've seen it as high as 8 hours or more a day, low is probably 1 -2 hours and a good average would probably be 3 -4.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #9
MAT160
Enthusiast
MAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS-600
The least number of hours would be about 2
But I average 4 - 6 a day (I read at night)
MAT160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #10
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Probably 1/2 hour to an hour -- I have other hobbies and if I think I have some time, I'll do something else.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
Romiman
Connoisseur
Romiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-350
Oh, that´s quite a lot!

Now I spending no time in e-reading, because of no Reader.
At theese days I am reading Steven Kings "Dome", together with my wife, about half an hour a day, in a thick and havy paperback.
And I´m looking somewhat about 30 minutes to 4 hours on the Internet.

After arriving my ordered E-Reader, I think I will take some of the Internet-hours to read on the E-Reader.
Romiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #12
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
1-2 hoursnon a weekday, 30-60 minutes more if you coubt text to speech when I am out walking.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
On a weekday, about 90 minutes listening to an audiobook on my drive to and from work, around 2h proofreading whatever I'm proofing at present (which is in my sig), then about an hour reading for pleasure.

At the weekend, about the same proofreading, and perhaps 3-4h pleasure reading.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #14
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Let's see -- there are so many ways to count the time

OK, let me exclude the 5 hours or so a day, every day, I spend reading for my editing business and the hour a day I spend on the Internet, and just focus on pleasure reading.

I begin the day with my newspapers, my local disappointment followed by the New York Times. I read these while enjoying my morning tea and my breakfast. This takes about 1.5 hours to get through both papers.

Next up is lunch, which is where I read my periodicals such as The New York Review of Books, The Economist, Bloomberg's BusinessWeek, Smithsonian, and the like. I spend about 1 hour doing this.

Lunch is usually followed by 1 hour on my treadmill, during which time I read an ebook.

I try to end my work day by 4 p.m. When it ends, I usually find my way to my recliner and spend 60 minutes reading an ebook before dinner.

The next reading interlude comes after dinner. I spend up to 3 hours reading either an ebook or a pbook before turning the lights off for sleep.

So for pleasure reading I average between 5 and 8 hours a day. Hmm, that sounds like a lot, but then I realize I generally start my day at 4 a.m. and I don't watch television, so I guess it isn't as much as it appears.

Last edited by rhadin; 09-19-2010 at 09:27 AM.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #15
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Minimum 3 hours, no question. On a good day, that would be 7 or 8 hours. Who cares about work, cooking, laundry, eating, sleeping, etc....?
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote