Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 11-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #61
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Slightly updated version is here: http://lbook.ua/templates/files//V3u...2-20091030.rar
no new features compared with V3update-uk-2.22-20091024.rar, just some small bug fixes. It is an official firmware.

The firmware from 20091102 is a test version of new features of Coolreader. And indeed it is based on June (not April) Lbook firmware, so there are no new features for pdf or epub. But if you open a Fb2 file with it, you can see all the changes mentioned by keng2000.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #62
Arturo
Arturo began at the beginning.

Device: Koobe (Hanlin V3)
Torbich, thanks for the explanation! I will give it another try. As I use FB2 exclusively and prefer CoolReader this may be a firmware for me.
Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #63
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
all information from www.the-ebook.org in the forum "LBOOK, JINKE"
Look in to the each topic.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:54 AM   #64
Arturo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
all information from www.the-ebook.org in the forum "LBOOK, JINKE"
Look in to the each topic.

Time to refresh my Russian.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:23 AM   #65
Arturo

Torbich, CoolReader menus are much better this way.
I read over at the the-ebook.org forum that this CR version will be added to the latest official LBook fimware. Cool.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #66
keng2000
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

actually Lbook firmware added CR for over a year to replace FB.
They update new features to newer firmware.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #67
Arturo

Yes, this is why I use the LBook firmware.
OpenInkpot is also very promising, but I will not change to it before CR is re-implemented.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #68
keng2000

Both FR and CR are implemented on OI. Long Press on the book will give you a choice.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:43 AM   #69
Arturo

Quote:
Both FR and CR are implemented on OI. Long Press on the book will give you a choice.
AFAIK, only FBReader is available now. There is an open ticket to re-introduce CR:
Build recent cr3
I was not planning to install OI while this ticket is open, but if you say that CR is in the package again, I will.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:39 AM   #70
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo View Post
I was not planning to install OI while this ticket is open, but if you say that CR is in the package again, I will.
It isn't.
idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:27 AM   #71
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
CURRENTLY, a long press on the book number will bring up a menu of actions, but launching CoolReader is not one of the actions. I do not care much about CoolReader, so I never noticed it missing. Recently, an action to delete the book was added to the action menu brought up by a long press on the book number, and I have found that useful to clean out already read books.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:52 AM   #72
Arturo

Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
It isn't.
Děkuji moc!
You saved me the time of installing OI and then replacing it with LBook FW after realising that CR is still missing.

Last edited by Arturo; 11-05-2009 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Added explanation in English.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:56 AM   #73
Arturo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I do not care much about CoolReader...
Ah, but you would if you had many FB2 files with footnotes.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:13 AM   #74
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo View Post
Ah, but you would if you had many FB2 files with footnotes.
Maybe, but I only read fiction novels without footnotes.

I build or rebuild all the books that I read, and put them into both the FB2 and EPUB format. On OI, I only read EPUB now, but with the original Hanlin V5 I read FB2 with the CoolReader. In my experience reading with the CoolReader has many more bugs to deal with. The one that irritates me the most is that when it finds an FB2 markup that it can not handle it just starts displaying at the next paragraph and leaves me wondering what was in the paragraph that it skipped. I can do more editing on the FB2 file to fix the problem, but that CoolReader bug is an extra irritation that I do not need.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:42 AM   #75
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Maybe, but I only read fiction novels without footnotes.

I build or rebuild all the books that I read, and put them into both the FB2 and EPUB format. On OI, I only read EPUB now, but with the original Hanlin V5 I read FB2 with the CoolReader. In my experience reading with the CoolReader has many more bugs to deal with. The one that irritates me the most is that when it finds an FB2 markup that it can not handle it just starts displaying at the next paragraph and leaves me wondering what was in the paragraph that it skipped. I can do more editing on the FB2 file to fix the problem, but that CoolReader bug is an extra irritation that I do not need.
Interesting - what do you use to generate your FB2 files? I use BookDesigner and it doesn't seem to add any unusal markup that CR can't handle. I believe OOoFBTools also does a decent job. Some of th other converters I'm not so sure about. I have had no success with the Calibre FB2 output.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote