Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 05:38 AM   #1
ballast
Enthusiast
ballast is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Sending books from Calibre to my nook?

Reading a recent thread (Calibre and Amazon Free WiFi) seems to say that Kindle owners can receive books (periodicals) wirelessly when emailed from Calibre to their "@kindle.com" address (not sure I understand what that is since I have a nook not a kindle)

Am I misinterpreting what this thread says? Is it possible to use Calibre to send an ebook to my (or my wife's) nook wirelessly through B&N?

Calibre and Amazon Free WiFi
There may another way to do this but that's the way I go.

EDIT: There is another (better way) just have Calibre email the periodical to your @kindle.com address (not the yourname@free.kindle.com address). As long as you take receipt via wifi, you shouldn't be charged. I just tired it and no charge appeared. If you accept delivery via 3G Whispernet, you'll have to pay 15 cents per MB.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I know the Nook doesn't support having file emailed to it, but if it did, you could do it using calibre, just like for the Kindle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
What Kovid said.

With a Kindle, I can email any book from my Calibre library to my K3. Takes about 2 seconds to download.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
dave67
dave67 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
move to nook thread

Last edited by dave67; 09-21-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: moved
dave67 is offline   Reply With Quote