Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
obijohn
obijohn began at the beginning.

Device: Aldiko (Android phone)
saving cover to epub

I've done some searching and found a thread that claimed that "save to disk" will save the meta data and cover. Well, yes it does (if those options are checked in Preferences), but they are saved separately from the epub itself in the same directory, so the cover does not show up on my device when I import the book.

The main thing I'm interested in right now is saving the cover to the epub itself. I've got about 40 books in my library that I've downloaded covers for. Surely there is a simpler way to do this than converting to another format, deleting the epubs, and converting back?

I suppose I could open each book in Sigil and edit the cover, but this seems like such a simple thing that Calibre could do. Am I missing something?
obijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's not a simple thing, for technical reasons having to do with the lack of support for covers in the EPUB standard. So yes, you have to convert the file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by obijohn View Post
Surely there is a simpler way to do this than converting to another format, deleting the epubs, and converting back?
You have to convert, but you can simply convert from EPUB to EPUB. When I do it, it's as simple as 1, 2, 3

1: select book
2: press "C"
3: press Enter

Happiness.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote