Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
turpentinedust
turpentinedust began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox m92
Epub Reading Problem with M92

Hello,

I'm new to this forum as i bought my first ereader a week ago, hope i'm doing this right! For starters i've the 1.8 20131129 firmware version.

I've two problems with my device.

My main problem is that my M92 won't read my epubs : i downloaded two of them -both DRM, put them on my sd card after opening them with adobe digital editions. The card is recognised by the M92 and when i click on one of the epub books it opens, only to show blank pages eventhough it shows the right number of pages in the page count bar! I've tried opening it with the 3 different programs (PDfreader, FBreader and cool reader) but it didn't change anything...i haven't noticed anyone else having the same problem so I'm quite desperate...it reads my pdfs fine otherwise.

Second problem, I can work around thta one but it's very inconvenient : my laptop (windows 8) doesn't recognise my M92, i plug it when my m92 is ON, but it doesn't recognise it anyway, tried with my Imac and its not recognised either....doesn't seem to be the wire since the ereader is actually charging (orange light) when plugged...

I'd be very happy to get some help !

Thank you!
turpentinedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
einkuser
Enthusiast
einkuser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8th generation, Onyx Boox Nova
There are times, not often, when I get a blank page but I open the epub again and then it works (it probably is a glitch or bug). Sometimes epubs I use can crash but overall my problems have been with software limitations relatingto the applications available for epubs. My hunch is that there is a problem with the two epubs you are trying to access. I would first try other epubs (may be download a free e-book) and see if the issue is with the epubs or accessing epubs in general.

If the problem is with epubs in general, then try installing the firmware again (see the sticky thread).

I don't use Windows (I use Ubuntu), so can't advice you with that, unfortunately.
einkuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Hi turpentinedust,

I haven't had much experience with DRM books on my Onyx, but you have input your User ID and Password in the Adobe DRM settings on the M92, right? It seems obvious but that was my mistake the first time.

As for the ereader not showing up on the windows 8 laptop. I sometimes have that problem when I am using my docking station...and sometimes it seems to be the cable...even though it is charging. Try a different USB cable or a different USB port (if your laptop has one).

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
turpentinedust
turpentinedust began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox m92
Thank you for your answers!!

Einkuser : I just tried a non drm epub and it works perfectly, i guess it has something to do with the two epubs i downloaded...will try to investigate that path...

talizh : yes i 'm logged in with my ID and not silly at all to mention this as there is little information about how to use the m92 indeed!
I'll try connecting it with another cable.

Thank you again, will tell you how this works out
turpentinedust is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, m92 error, onyx boox m92