Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #121
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Thank you, guys!
I don't think that it should be the case, because the dictionaries installed by me on the device don't work unfortunately. By the way, I have no idea what the cause of it could be. I have the "dict" map, the "submap" called after the name of the dictionary, and the 3 files in it (IFO, DZ, IDX). It should be enough, I suppose.. Any suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
It's a jargon term, I ment I'm no expert on e readers. It's often used with a mocking or derogatory accent so I thought it would portrait me as a humble, non arrogant chap .
I asked if you have installed several dictionaries because I have (seven of them) and my Firefly is now behaving somewhat slowly either opening epubs or double tapping on a word to bring up the dictionary entry. Just trying to figure out whether there's a connection.
szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #122
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Hello szlevi,
Could it be that the folder name is not right. Must be "dicts".
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #123
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Hello Nausica,
You've just solved my problem! It works!
Thank you very much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nausica View Post
Hello szlevi,
Could it be that the folder name is not right. Must be "dicts".
szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #124
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
I'm glad you solved it :-)
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #125
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Hi,
Would it be possible for page numbers to remain the same, even if font or zooming size changes like in the cybook odyssey ?
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #126
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
Hi,
Would it be possible for page numbers to remain the same, even if font or zooming size changes like in the cybook odyssey ?
And to remove the page numbers on the right of pages in the pdf reader?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:19 AM   #127
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
Dictionaries can be copied to the machine, just create Dicts folder.

Fonts can be copied with the unofficial file manager OTFM. So you can install first OTFM. But be careful with OTFM because as you can see system files you can delete/overwrite too!
I tried to copy new fonts to a "fonts" folder in the internal memory and the firefly sees them. So, apparently, no need to dig into the system files, for that purpose at least.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:47 AM   #128
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there any news on a more Firefly fitting firmware upgrade? Right now it feels like it is the wrong software in the right hardware.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:51 AM   #129
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Is there any news on a more Firefly fitting firmware upgrade? Right now it feels like it is the wrong software in the right hardware.
I totally agree and wonder about the same thing.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #130
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
UPD. 12.12.12

Hello everybody!
Here is a new patch with fixes of most important bugs in the new PDF Reader

Please download this file:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/pd...er%20Patch.rar

Unzip it and copy those three files from archive to the internal memory of your device. In your device click on update.oar and the last update for PDFReader will be installed.
The device will reboot.

What has been fixed:
  • PDF Reader. Margins settings and Customized Zoom are not saved after closing a book
  • PDF Reader. Standby issue 1. Home button causes exit from the pdf after return from stand by
  • PDF Reader. Standby issue 2. Controlls are non functional after return from Standby
  • PDF Reader. Glyph embolden >0. Page turn issue.
  • PDF Reader. Annotations. Highlighting of empty area causes exit.
  • PDF Reader. Key mapping. the order of tools has been changed. Now pan + zoom are set by default.
  • PDF Reader. no confirmation is needed if exiting a book with Close Icon in main menu
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #131
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
UPD. 12.12.12

Hello everybody!

Unzip it and copy those three files from archive to the internal memory of your device. In your device click on update.oar and the last update for PDFReader will be installed.
The device will reboot.

What has been fixed:
  • PDF Reader. Margins settings and Customized Zoom are not saved after closing a book
  • PDF Reader. Standby issue 1. Home button causes exit from the pdf after return from stand by
  • PDF Reader. Standby issue 2. Controlls are non functional after return from Standby
  • PDF Reader. Key mapping. the order of tools has been changed. Now pan + zoom are set by default.
  • PDF Reader. no confirmation is needed if exiting a book with Close Icon in main menu
Thank you.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #132
adbosch
Addict

Does this update apply to the Firefly also? And is there something more substantial in sight yet for the Firefly in terms of firmware?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #133
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
UPD. 12.12.12 [*]PDF Reader. no confirmation is needed if exiting a book with Close Icon in main menu[/LIST]
For me confirmation is still needed after installation of patch.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #134
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Does this update apply to the Firefly also? And is there something more substantial in sight yet for the Firefly in terms of firmware?
I am wondering about the same thing.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #135
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
UPD. 12.12.12

Hello everybody!

The device will reboot.

What has been fixed:
Thank you very much.
We also appreciate Firefly firmware.

A greeting.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote