Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 03:18 AM   #106
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
New to ONYX

Hello,

I just recieved the i62hd firefly. Good and fast delivery from EREADER-STORE.EU. I am in the process of discovering it. I'm trying to figure out which sofware is best for my reading needs. One thing I have to say for the moment, although I know it has already been mentioned, is that the menus are TINY which makes interacting with the machine somewhat unpleasant, difficult and tedious. I read it should be fixed soon. That will definitely be a big plus !!

Thank you
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #107
inthemood
Zealot

Hello again,

Can the dictionaries and fonts be put on the machine itself, as opposed to on the sd card?

Also, how can one view the system files on a computer?
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 05:25 AM   #108
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
Hello again,

Can the dictionaries and fonts be put on the machine itself, as opposed to on the sd card?

Also, how can one view the system files on a computer?
Dictionaries can be copied to the machine, just create Dicts folder.

Fonts can be copied with the unofficial file manager OTFM. So you can install first OTFM. But be careful with OTFM because as you can see system files you can delete/overwrite too!
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #109
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
Hello,

I just recieved the i62hd firefly. Good and fast delivery from EREADER-STORE.EU. I am in the process of discovering it. I'm trying to figure out which sofware is best for my reading needs.
Thank you
In my very brief experience with the Firefly I realized FBReader is the best for epubs, nice font choice and it tends not to break lines and words in competely random places, which Coolreader does. (on a tablet Coolreader is my favorite). But FBreader doesn't seem to support images, it leaves blank pages where a picture or an "ornament" (I'm not familiar with typographic lingo, I apologize) should be, like in the Song of Fire and Ice books, for example.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #110
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Hello,
"Complete n00b here" I don't know what you mean by this. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Complete n00b here, but have you per chance installed several dictionaries?
szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 03:39 AM   #111
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by szlevi View Post
Hello,
He is asking you about dictionaries.
Have you got in your Onyx only the dictionaries included?. Or have you installed additional dictionaries?
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:53 AM   #112
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
See "definitions" of n00b and/or newbie.

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 12-08-2012 at 03:56 AM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:52 AM   #113
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
I installed OTFM on my Firefly. Where are the Standby and Off images located so I can replace them? Thanks for helping me out.

Last edited by adbosch; 12-08-2012 at 05:58 AM.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #114
inthemood
Zealot

Hello,
I think it would be nice to have the page numbers in fbreader and overall a faster and easier access to the dictionary (ie- short touch on a word and the dictionary pops up !)
Have a nice day.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #115
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by szlevi View Post
Hello,
It's a jargon term, I ment I'm no expert on e readers. It's often used with a mocking or derogatory accent so I thought it would portrait me as a humble, non arrogant chap .
I asked if you have installed several dictionaries because I have (seven of them) and my Firefly is now behaving somewhat slowly either opening epubs or double tapping on a word to bring up the dictionary entry. Just trying to figure out whether there's a connection.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #116
yayo
Groupie

Quote:
Hello,
I think it would be nice to have the page numbers in fbreader and overall a faster and easier access to the dictionary (ie- short touch on a word and the dictionary pops up !)
Have a nice day.
Just quickly double tap on a word and the dictionary will pop up. Now if the dictionary fonts were bigger/zoomable and if double tapping on a word INSIDE the dictionary window would bring up a further dictionary entry (Kindle style) that would be perfect.

Last edited by yayo; 12-08-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #117
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Just quickly double tap on a word and the dictionary will pop up. Now if the dictionary fonts were bigger/zoomable and if double tapping on a word IN the dictionary window would bring up a further dictionary entry (Kindle style) that would be perfect.
Thank you for the information, I will try it out. And I totally agree with you as far as the further searching feature in the dictionary is concerned.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #118
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Just quickly double tap on a word and the dictionary will pop up.
Great. It works. Thanks. How did you figure it out?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #119
yayo
Groupie

In a thread about the M92 model somebody mentioned double clicking on a highlighted word (the M92 hasn't a touch screen) and since the software seems to be the same...
Old 12-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #120
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
In a thread about the M92 model somebody mentioned double clicking on a highlighted word (the M92 hasn't a touch screen) and since the software seems to be the same...
I wonder why that isn't in the manual. For me, it is quite an important feature. If you have any other tips you can share, I imagine I wouldn't be the only one to apreciate them. Thanks again.