Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 05:53 AM   #91
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Non, on est tous bloqués au même endroit. C'est balot, hein ?

Je vais être très courageuse aujourd'hui, je me sens l'âme aventurière, donc je vais tenter de flasher l'IQ avec un autre FW....
I wouldn't dare, still reading and lurking, hopeful it can be replicated. Having the market would be fantastic.
paww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:50 AM   #92
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Another observation on the androidID, after trying to login to gTalk on the IQ without success, I found that the android market on my PC emulator stopped working Anyone wants to run market on their emulator and advise?

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #93
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
Another observation on the androidID, after trying to login to gTalk on the IQ without success, I found that the android market on my PC emulator stopped working Anyone wants to run market on their emulator and advise?

Cheers
Market on Emu still working here. Isn't this a great Xmas Puzzle, really ?

I need to finish the laundry (I know, I know, back to normal life after all), but after that very unexciting work I'll be back to reading the PDN stuff I found at slatedroid and decide which FW I'll try.

Here for those who are feeling bored right now and do not want to come over and do the laundry for me (you bunch of lazy dudes):

http://="http://www.slatedroid.com/i...?topic=8993.0"

Help me decide which version I should try.... I am undecided between Version 2 or 3, if at all.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #94
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
First, go get this file: This file

Next, you will need to ADB the files to the IQ:

adb shell push /(The directory where you unzip the file) /system
Well, what is the size of all the Gapps ???
After pushing them all in my IQ, the internal memory is now almost full ! I have only something like 35 Mo free… After installing Aldiko 2.0, only 20 Mo…
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #95
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
http://="http://www.slatedroid.com/i...?topic=8993.0"

Help me decide which version I should try.... I am undecided between Version 2 or 3, if at all.
Feel like bricking your IQ ?
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #96
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

useless anyway. The IQ is name sensitive regarding the FW it accepts. It rejected the Pandigital FWs (the modified ones) as well as the OP ones.
(but if anything at all was proven today, then : I had the b...s )

Last edited by aceflor; 12-30-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #97
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Even if you succeeded in flashing it, you would be stuck at the white screen at the beginning (Yes...I have tried that one as well! ). I would be a matter of setting the hardware properly. I think the PDN and IQ have some differences that prevent one's FW to work on the other.

But... here is another idea. I have used the stuff for the NookColor to make it work. However, I think you could use the google alpha experience stuff to make it work as well. All you would need to do is to push the files (Minis the Framework.jar) and copy the build.prop I have included in my zip. It could theorically work

Feeling adventurous? After that, clear data of the market & download manager + the dalvik cache and reboot.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:52 AM   #98
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Even if you succeeded in flashing it, you would be stuck at the white screen at the beginning (Yes...I have tried that one as well! ). I would be a matter of setting the hardware properly. I think the PDN and IQ have some differences that prevent one's FW to work on the other.

But... here is another idea. I have used the stuff for the NookColor to make it work. However, I think you could use the google alpha experience stuff to make it work as well. All you would need to do is to push the files (Minis the Framework.jar) and copy the build.prop I have included in my zip. It could theorically work
I was just thinking about doing that yesterday evening ! Did you want to write "minus the Framework.jar" ? Because if not, then I must be an "eeeejit" since your phrase does not make sense to me....

Quote:
Feeling adventurous?
Call me Indy

Last edited by aceflor; 12-31-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #99
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I was just thinking about doing that yesterday evening ! Did you want to write "minus the Framework.jar" ? Because if not, then I must be an "eeeejit" since your phrase does not make sense to me....
Yes, minus the framework.jar. It seems that replacing the framework.jar just will get you stuck on the white screen.

Quote:
Call me Indy
Hehehe... that's the spirit! It takes young explorers to find out about the limits of the machine and boldly go where no one has gone before!

Anyone else got the Pocketbook Widget crashing all the time since they installed apps?
Old 01-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #100
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Anyone else got the Pocketbook Widget crashing all the time since they installed apps?
No rooting, no hacking here: it doesn't crash but it hangs (even when it shouldn't be running) and the OS keeps asking if I want to kill it.
Once I kill it and the other PB Processes system performance improves noticeably. The Reader app works fine and so does the dictionary; the problem is the library indexing feature. It eats up resources as if it were running on a good OS.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #101
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
FWIW I got the Market to work by

1. Adding my Google account via signed_YouTube.apk

2. Inserting an andriodId borrowed from my phone

Code:
adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='YOUR_NUMBER_HERE' where name='androidId'";

3. Pushing a modified build.prop

Code:
adb pull /system/build.prop
sed '/nocheckin/d' build.prop > /tmp/build.prop
echo "ro.config.nocheckin=no" >> /tmp/build.prop
sed 's/^.*ro.build.fingerprint.*$/ro\.build\.fingerprint=verizon\/voles\/sholes\/sholes:2\.1-update1\/ESE81\/29593:user\/release-keys/' /tmp/build.prop > build.prop
adb push build.prop /system

Edit: Attention: Do not push package.xml as per the pre-edit instructions!

The build.prop hacks were taken from the Nook Color Script.

HTH

Last edited by Coredump-EE; 01-03-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Coredump-EE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #102
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, minus the framework.jar. It seems that replacing the framework.jar just will get you stuck on the white screen.

Hehehe... that's the spirit! It takes young explorers to find out about the limits of the machine and boldly go where no one has gone before!

Yes, the PB Widget keeps crashing on me too. Oh well...
Anyway, I have not done the GE thing yet, we had a lovely dinner out yesterday evening and a lazy but very nice day today, if it were not for the terrible news from Alexandria it would have been just a perfect day.

I wish all of you a very happy year 2011, mostly lots of good health and lots of love, because those two things you really cannot buy, trade or force.

I may try the fix later next week, but not before that, tonight I am watching the retransmission of the New Year Concert in La Fenice, then I will need my beauty sleep and tomorrow I am going to the New Year Concert here (so happy we managed to get the tickets, we were quite late this year)

Gotta go, concert just began!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #103
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredump-EE View Post
FWIW I got the Market to work by

1. Adding my Google account via signed_YouTube.apk

2. Inserting an andriodId borrowed from my phone

Code:
adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='YOUR_NUMBER_HERE' where name='androidId'";

3. Pushing a modified build.prop

Code:
adb pull /system/build.prop
sed '/nocheckin/d' build.prop > /tmp/build.prop
echo "ro.config.nocheckin=no" >> /tmp/build.prop
sed 's/^.*ro.build.fingerprint.*$/ro\.build\.fingerprint=verizon\/voles\/sholes\/sholes:2\.1-update1\/ESE81\/29593:user\/release-keys/' /tmp/build.prop > build.prop
adb push build.prop /system

4. Pushing a modified packages.xml

Code:
adb pull /data/system/packages.xml
sed '1,/uid.system/!{ /<perms>/,/uid.system/!d; }' packages.xml > /tmp/packages.xml
adb push /tmp/packages.xml /data/system
The build.prop and packages.xml hacks were taken from the Nook Color Script.
That is a bit of what I did. I took parts of the NC hack & of the PDN google experience hack as well. It has been working well so far.

I am still looking for a way to improve the hack. What is you phone btw? is it 2.1?

I hope Froyo is still on track for the first half of January...!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #104
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
That is a bit of what I did. I took parts of the NC hack & of the PDN google experience hack as well. It has been working well so far.

I am still looking for a way to improve the hack. What is you phone btw? is it 2.1?

I hope Froyo is still on track for the first half of January...!
My phone is running 2.0 I believe. I have since generated a 2.1 ID with an emulator and it is working just as well. The package.xml part is not necessary btw.

The biggest problem so far was getting root to work for the applications. The provided su always began crashing after the initial setup.
Coredump-EE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #105
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
In the process of downloading the java stuff to give this market hack a go, you said you were looking for a way to 'improve' this? What's wrong with it?

I'm asking from the position of; if its working correctly and worth me pursuing this?
paww is offline   Reply With Quote