Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #61
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Update now seems to works fine. Thank you very very much booxtor!

but if I can criticise so soon, full screen mode still lacks on new pdfreader
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #62
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Thanks for the quick response and update!

I love the i62HD. It does everything I wanted. The new PDF reader is tricky to get used to at first (with the parge margins, crop, etc) but it is a definite improvement on the old reader.

There is, however, a bug that I noticed with 1.8. If you make annotations on a pdf in reflow mode these annotations will not show up on the pdf file if you use the merge command. They show up on the annotation list and everything but they do not show up on the new PDF file. I hope this can be fixed!

But thanks for the support and hard work Booxtor!
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #63
FrankSmith
FrankSmith began at the beginning.

Device: none
@Booxtor:

many thanks for the new firmware. I have some problems with Cool Reader:
The default font shows no german umlauts, just "?". I see all fonts installed on my device in the Cool Reader font settings, but I can only change the font to a few default fonts. Even there, some default fonts are not accessible.

Changing the font to the great Georgia eInk, but also regular Georgia or other self installed fonts is not possible. They are all shown in the list and coud be selected- but then nothing happens, the font won't change.

A minor glitch: In FBReader the encoding is still tranlated as "Verschlüsselung", which means (Binary-)Encryption. The right one should be "Zeichensatz", "Zeichenkodierung" or "Kodierung". Even the english word "Encoding" is more meaningful in this context.

Cheers.
FrankSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #64
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
I installed the new firmware yesterday (after a few problems with my i62HD not detecting my spare microSD card, and then my USB-microSD adapter corrupting things).

I've noticed a couple of anomalies:
  1. FBReader comes up in a 'full-screen' mode -- just the book text, no page numbers, time, battery level or options icon. Is there any way to restore these?
  2. The PDF manual (which didn't appear under the older firmware) appears to be for the older (and non-touch) A60.
Additionally, there appear to be some new settings options. Most seem self-explanatory, but can anybody tell me what 'Metadata Extraction' does?
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #65
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
I installed the new firmware yesterday (after a few problems with my i62HD not detecting my spare microSD card, and then my USB-microSD adapter corrupting things).

I've noticed a couple of anomalies:
  1. FBReader comes up in a 'full-screen' mode -- just the book text, no page numbers, time, battery level or options icon. Is there any way to restore these?
  2. The PDF manual (which didn't appear under the older firmware) appears to be for the older (and non-touch) A60.
Additionally, there appear to be some new settings options. Most seem self-explanatory, but can anybody tell me what 'Metadata Extraction' does?
Hi,
1. In menu at the bottom select "exit full screen"

2. "Metadata extraction" means if you want to display titels instead of file names, those data have to be extracted first from files. It slows down the file explorer noticeably, if you have a lot of files in your storages. If you prefer to see file names, you can switch off "Metadata extraction"
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #66
Danimus
Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro
Hi,
This is my short list of bugs/problems in new firmware 1.8 and new PDF reader.
Update is performed using update-20121102.zip and applying i62HD_new_PDF_Reader_Update after that.
1. Search function correctly lists found files but without names (Name is empty, I see only file icon and size). In my settings I have View Title Settings -> display file names; Metadata Extraction -> No; List view
2. PDF reader is not saving Customize Zoom option after file is closed and reopened
3. Usage of Page settings (Custom margins, Two points margins, Auto Crop, Clear) is not very intuitive and proper explanation in the manual would be great
4. Usage of Reading settings (Page Mode, Scrolling mode, Comic Mode, Paper Mode, Auto crop) is not very intuitive and proper explanation in the manual would be great
5. Correct order of settings (margins, crop, view mode, zoom) is not very intuitive and proper explanation in the manual would be great

Everything else is just great.
Great work.

Danimus
Danimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #67
rumbero
rumbero began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
This morning i was delivered my i62HD, and i must say that i am very pleased with it. This is my first eReader ever, and It took me long months to decide which device available on the market i should buy. After lots of comparison and pondering, this one finally made it to my doorsteps.

I upgraded the firmware today and noted the following:

- the WLAN MAC address of the device was altered by the new firmware.
- the included user manual is for an A62 and doesn't match the one which can be downloaded from http://www.onyx-boox.ru/files/ONYX_B..._MANUAL_en.pdf

Was this actually intended?

Last edited by rumbero; 11-16-2012 at 06:11 PM.
rumbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #68
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
1. In menu at the bottom select "exit full screen"
Except that it is in 'full screen' to the extent that there is no menu (or anything else visible, except the book text itself) -- meaning that I can do (almost) nothing in FBReader using the touchscreen.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #69
Danimus
Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
Except that it is in 'full screen' to the extent that there is no menu (or anything else visible, except the book text itself) -- meaning that I can do (almost) nothing in FBReader using the touchscreen.
Long press in the middle of the screen and menu will appear.
Danimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:15 AM   #70
Hrafn
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimus View Post
Long press in the middle of the screen and menu will appear.
Thanks, I did not know that (nor is it covered in the manual, as far as I can remember).

All the icons have now returned (rather larger than previous firmware's -- which isn't a bad thing, as I always found them slightly finicky to press accurately without a stylus).
Old 11-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #71
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Тут такая путаница с названиями и версиями прошивок случилась...
Все они называются update-20121102.zip.
НО
1. Сначала была с размером 112.14MB (с сайта http://www.sendspace.com/file/ijxfgg)
2. Потом - с размером 118 966 296 байт
3. Теперь - с размером снова 117 582 604 байта и к ней патч
Кто-то из нас настаивает что правильная только вторая... Куда она делась? Почему?
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #72
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
Тут такая путаница с названиями и версиями прошивок случилась...
Все они называются update-20121102.zip.
НО
1. Сначала была с размером 112.14MB (с сайта http://www.sendspace.com/file/ijxfgg)
2. Потом - с размером 118 966 296 байт
3. Теперь - с размером снова 117 582 604 байта и к ней патч
Кто-то из нас настаивает что правильная только вторая... Куда она делась? Почему?
Please take always the last published software.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:34 AM   #73
Luke_l
Luke_l began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Hi,
Is there a chance on e-mail client?
Luke_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 AM   #74
QuanRu
QuanRu began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD aka capt.NEMO (ru)
Hello,

After several updates I still have the same problem:
The device can recognize the book title and the book author in FB2/FB2.zip format, but only after the book was opened at least once. Preliminary scan during startup leaves titles and authors of FB2 files unknown.

Is it really a bug or just some undeclared feature?
QuanRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #75
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanRu View Post
Hello,

After several updates I still have the same problem:
The device can recognize the book title and the book author in FB2/FB2.zip format, but only after the book was opened at least once. Preliminary scan during startup leaves titles and authors of FB2 files unknown.

Is it really a bug or just some undeclared feature?
Did you try to activate the metadata extraction in settings?