Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #1
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
Question WMF images?

after converting some of my books from RTFs to Epubs a couple of them have some bad image files in them that convert as WMF images errors. anybody know of a quick way to get rid of them all? (one of my book has 37 in it!)

Spoiler:
KayLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Save your rtf as html using word or open office and convert the html.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Save your rtf as html using word or open office and convert the html.
so just do what the image told me in the first place =/ I was hoping to just get rid of the images.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayLee View Post
so just do what the image told me in the first place =/ I was hoping to just get rid of the images.
I am assuming that images in the RTF file are OK? If so then following the suggested procedure will save them in another format (I think jpg) that Calibre CAN handle.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
KayLee
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I am assuming that images in the RTF file are OK? If so then following the suggested procedure will save them in another format (I think jpg) that Calibre CAN handle.

Yeah the problem is that I converted all my old PDFs to RTFs so I could get them into Epub format, without looking over the files I deleted the original RTFs. so now I got a ton of bad Epub converts and no originals!
Advert
Old 06-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
KayLee
Zealot

Lightbulb

Found a decent solution although you lose some formatting convert back to RTF use the find and replace feature in word type in ^g this will replace all the graphic in the document.

Last edited by KayLee; 06-10-2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: More Info
Old 06-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
KayLee
Zealot

Okay so some of the images are the chapters anybody know of a way to get calibre to detect them and put a text version in?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
KayLee
Zealot

tweak book fixes just about all my problems (b ^_^)b although when you remove images with it, it leaves behind little blue question marks? just wanted to put this here in case somebody else is having the same issues.

Last edited by KayLee; 06-13-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Bad Wording
Old 06-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
2 points

1) the blue question mark is OS dependent and is a symbol for a Broken Book (Image is Missing)

2) Calibre does not do OCR,
so how could it substitute anything, let alone detect what was there is a chapter number? ) Not every book breaks files at new chapters or should all images be OCR'd )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Besides removing the graphics, you also have to remove the code used to display the images and the OPF entries for these images. Then you have to put in code to display a chapter title.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote