Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-10-2006, 05:55 PM   #1
royalkay
royalkay began at the beginning.

Ready for Pre-order

While going through the internet, found an electronics store taking pre-orders for the Sony Portable Reader. Just thought you would want to know.

Here is the Address:
http://www.abtelectronics.com/script...oogle&id=25155
royalkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #2
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I just called them out, they have no idea when it's going to come out though.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Best as I can determine is October, (big) maybe, September.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #4
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Quote:
October, (big) maybe, September.
What an Optomist!

"Fall, In time for Holidays", means Dec 20!
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:49 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan
What an Optomist!
Actually, CCDMan, it's not optomism, it's confidence.

Though I do generally count Thanksgiving as a Holiday. (didn't there used to be a 'pilgrim' smilie? Or am I dreaming?)

Last edited by NatCh; 08-10-2006 at 11:49 PM. Reason: typo
Advert
Old 08-22-2006, 12:22 PM   #6
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
If you follow the order preorder link http://www.abtelectronics.com/script...oogle&id=25155

The page now says:

Discontinued - This Product Is No Longer Available. Please Select Another Item. / Free Shipping
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:26 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

Maybe they found out they aren't a "Preferred" enough Sony vendor.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:43 PM   #8
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Thanksgiving... good point !

Yesssssss....
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist

Update:

Now it's saying:
"New Item- Available For Pre-Ordering / Free Shipping" -- we'll see how long it lasts this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Young
If you follow the order preorder link http://www.abtelectronics.com/script...oogle&id=25155

The page now says:

Discontinued - This Product Is No Longer Available. Please Select Another Item. / Free Shipping
Old 09-07-2006, 05:57 PM   #10
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

Count me out on pre-ordering from these guys. I've never heard of em :/
Frogsmasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #11
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsmasha

Yeah. Fly-by-night internet electronics places often do wildly inaccurate preorder estimates. They have no idea when Sony is planning on shipping stuff (probably not even major retailers know that) but they're certainly willing to take your money.

I remember a much-anticipated MP3 player that showed up months early on random websites. It was never actually released, and I don't know what happened to the money of the people who preordered it...
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:30 PM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist

Just to be clear -- I was not suggesting that anyone do this!
Old 09-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #13
Ken Stuart
The Knight Who Says Nook!
Ken Stuart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color ; dead Clie NR70 ; living Rocket REB1100 ; QY70 (pictured)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsmasha
I've seen them listed in Price web sites for many years, they are certainly not "fly by night". (In fact, their web site says "Since 1936" ! )

That said, I've never personally ordered from them before, so I have no idea whether they are good or horrible to deal with.

Last edited by Ken Stuart; 09-09-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Ken Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:52 PM   #14
royalkay
royalkay began at the beginning.

Their website also says expected ETA Mid-October.
royalkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #15
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
By the way Sony's reader page does not ask for your reply e-mail address anymore.

Mebbe dey fedup wit de pile i sent!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote