Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
jament
Enthusiast
jament doesn't litterjament doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
Help with text justification

I have an lrf file and for some reason all of the text in the book is centered, instead of being left & right justified.

I want to justify the text, so I've tried to convert it to other formats (MOBI, EPUB) with the justify command specified in the CSS but the output always has the text centered. This is a non-DRM'd file.

Anyone have any advice on how to fix this? I've made sure the "No text justification" box is UNCHECKED in the look & feel section.

Thanks for any thoughts.
jament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
I have noticed this with the News Fetch from The Jerusalem Post. The other news fetched (the few that I have tried) have had no problems, being correctly justified.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
your input document is probably specifying a justification. You'll have to edit it to remove that before converting
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
jament
Enthusiast
jament doesn't litterjament doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
Ok, thanks. For some reason I thought the CSS commands specified in the conversion GUI overrode those in the source document.
jament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
it depends, CSS rules have a complicated priority inheritance structure.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert