Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-16-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
lismith
lismith began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Smile Hello! I got a netbook!

Hello! I'm new here. I just recently decided to buy an ebook reader. I haven't read many ebooks in the past, mainly because the only portable device I had to read on was a Sony Clie PDA.

The ebook reader I chose is a Dell Mini 9 netbook. I know I'm in the minority in that decision, but I love the versatility of a netbook.

I read a lot on these forums before making a decision. Thanks for this great site and those who contribute here, it helped me a lot when researching ebook readers.

Last edited by lismith; 02-01-2010 at 04:43 PM.
lismith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, lismith.

The wonderful thing about this forum is that one size does not fit all.

Whichever device works best for you to read ebooks is the one you should have.

Glad you found a good fit. Now, look at all the free books listed here, jump in on any thread that interests you, and don't hesitate to ask questions.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 01:05 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello lismith happy reading
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:44 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I got a Samsung netbook last year for ebook-reading (as well as proof reading), but although it's turned out to be a superb little machine for a whole heap of important tasks, I didn't find it convenient for recreational reading and opted for a 505 earlier this year. A matter of horses for courses, Lismith. Hope the Dell turns out to be perfect for you. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi lismith and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #7
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	chocolate.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	38104 to Mobileread lismith.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
sebastienbillard
Connoisseur
sebastienbillard is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Quote:
as long as the brightness is way down and the colors are adjusted (dark grey background, black text, might sound strange but it works!)
Not that strange actually. On LCD and CRT displays, readibility improves when the contrast is not maximum
sebastienbillard is offline   Reply With Quote