Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Lightbulb Kindle special offers

As always, I've ordered my Kindle Fire HD the day it was announced.
On that very first day, Amazon didn't offer the option w/o "special offers".
So I've got the one with special offers.
I didn't find them too intrusive, but quite frankly a bit boring (only 6 different offers over 30 days).
Unfortunately, I didn't know how to get rid or them.
In the US, it's simple. Directly in "manage your Kindle", you can opt out for a fee of $ 15 (or something like that).
But I don't find this very same setting in Amazon Germany.
I actually had considered, ordering another Kindle Fire HD to replace the "tainted one".
But then I stumbled over a comment from Amazon: "If you don't want to have the special offers anymore, please contact customer support".
I did so. I even didn't have to type any request. The pull-down menus already had been prepared for this.
I've sent my request ca. 8 pm CET. About 90 minutes (!!!) later I got the email: "As per your request, I've removed the special offers".
Just checked it out: Gone!
Just wanted to let you know: Even if the setting "remove special offers" is missing in your Amazon account, it still will be done by Amazon support on your request.

Last edited by mgmueller; 12-04-2012 at 04:58 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
This will be very helpful for those who'd like to remove special offers and have a non US account. Thank you.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
special offers