Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #586
ccczzx
ccczzx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracodoc View Post
I want to share some hacks (most of them came from other discussion), some people may like it and use it before they are officially adopted.
Does the default font setting work? I changed it to Droid Sans Fallback, but have no effect. Plus, how to get crengine know a new font?
ccczzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #587
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
It works for me. Did you use the exact name showed in book font selection screen?
If I remembered correct, there could be different naming conventions for host fonts(font in your kindle fonthack folder) and kpv installed fonts.
I think you can at least copy a font into fonthack folder then it should be listed in book font selection screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccczzx View Post
Does the default font setting work? I changed it to Droid Sans Fallback, but have no effect. Plus, how to get crengine know a new font?
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #588
ccczzx
ccczzx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracodoc View Post
It works for me. Did you use the exact name showed in book font selection screen?
If I remembered correct, there could be different naming conventions for host fonts(font in your kindle fonthack folder) and kpv installed fonts.
Yes, the font name is exactly the same with that showed in font selection list.
Also, I added the "cre_font" option, don't work neither.

Quote:
I think you can at least copy a font into fonthack folder then it should be listed in book font selection screen.
The problem here is the CREngine just don't get the fonts list from linkfonts/fonts/. I also coped some fonts into the droid/ directory, which aren't recognized by CREngine.

I use the "kindlepdfviewer-202b6fc.zip" version.

Last edited by ccczzx; 07-23-2012 at 11:30 PM.
ccczzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #589
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
How do we export highlights made in kindlepdfviewer? Are they integrated with amazon's "My Clippings"? Or is there any way to see all highlights made in kpdf in one file?

If so, I am doing something wrong... My highlights in kpdf are not transferred to "My clippings" , nor are they available in another single file.

The only way I have access to highlights from kpdf is opening the lua files for each book in the documents folder.

Last edited by mrevent; 08-01-2012 at 05:05 AM.
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #590
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Nope, they aren't integrated into anything else for now. Would probably be trivial, but, well, you know, developer resources...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #591
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
I understand, thank you for the info
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #592
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@Hawhill
If you have a need to make Lua-5.1, "C" extension code work under Lua-5.2 . . . .
I have written a bit of version glue code (luaL_register for 5.2) that should ease the chore.
See:
http://hg.minimodding.com/repos/lua/lusb.hg/summary

Repo also contains the PIL(5.1) Chapter 28 examples as test cases under Lua-5.2

Last edited by knc1; 08-12-2012 at 03:41 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #593
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you! But we changed over to LuaJIT in the mean time - and it won't go to 5.2 soon (in fact I think Mike Pall stated he wants to stay compatible to 5.1 for a looooong time). BTW: LuaJIT is definitely worth a look if you hadn't yet!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #594
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
Recently I met this problem twice: Kindle DX battery level drop to one digit suddenly. I cannot always reproduce the problem, so is there any tool or log that I can look at or submit? Does kindle DX have a battery usage log?

Yesterday it was acting weird:
1. I turned on DX and found the battery level is about 5% and need charge immediately
2. when I quit kpf back to amazon interface, I noticed that the file listed by amazon interface is the old state, which included some file I already deleted. The problem is, I had used amazon interface after the file change and at that time it already updated with the file change. So when the problem occur, the amazon interface seemed to get some old file list.

I'll do a full start and watch, probably something in amazon stuff, not in kpv.

Last edited by dracodoc; 08-22-2012 at 10:51 AM.
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #595
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Thank you! But we changed over to LuaJIT in the mean time - and it won't go to 5.2 soon (in fact I think Mike Pall stated he wants to stay compatible to 5.1 for a looooong time). BTW: LuaJIT is definitely worth a look if you hadn't yet!
I have looked at it, both in the past and the present.

I am using 5.2 to avoid building/distributing/loading the binopt external library.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #596
KindleTatsch
KindleTatsch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Please get this for Kindle Touch working, if possible. We Touch Users could really need better PDF support too. Reading PDFs on the Kindle is no joy, as it is now.

KindleTatsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:14 AM   #597
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleTatsch View Post
Please get this for Kindle Touch working, if possible. We Touch Users could really need better PDF support too. Reading PDFs on the Kindle is no joy, as it is now.

Have you tried the JBPatch and its set of reader utilities?
Old 08-26-2012, 07:14 AM   #598
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
I too vote for a kindle touch port.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #599
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
I too vote for a kindle touch port.
Don't vote, send money.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #600
hawhill
Wizard

While this is a nice suggestion and money is always welcome, it wouldn't buy me time, unfortunately... I guess the same is true for the others involved. So: send programmers, not money :-P