Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #61
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Any link to their order wouldn't show for you because you'd have to sign into their Sony account. I doubt this person is going to give you the login information for their account.

i actually meant a link for the sonystyle site that showed the t1 in stock.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #62
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
i actually meant a link for the sonystyle site that showed the t1 in stock.
i saw it yesterday night right before i logged in to check my order status. unfortunately, today it has gone back to the orange pre-order button with the 10/02 (yesterday it was also orange with "in stock" - shipping 09/27) date. should have taken a snap-shot of it.
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #63
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I also noticed the 9/27 shipping date and went to bed, happy... then in the morning I saw 'pre-order' and thought that '9/27' happened in my dream)))
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:11 AM   #64
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Just received this email. NOT liking this.

Do you guys think that they'll be in stores on the 2nd? I might just cancel this order.

=====
Thank you for your recent Sony purchase.

We would like to inform you we are experiencing a delay with your Sony order. The following item PRST1BC has been rescheduled to ship on 10/16/2011.

Tracking information will be sent via email once your order ships. This number will also be available within the order history in your Sony Account. If you are unable to continue waiting we encourage you to visit our website or call 1-866-337-7669 to work with a Sony sales representative to find an alternative product that will meet your needs.

We appreciate your understanding and thank you for choosing Sony!
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:20 AM   #65
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightforx View Post
We would like to inform you we are experiencing a delay with your Sony order. The following item PRST1BC has been rescheduled to ship on 10/16/2011.
I'll probably be getting something similar soon as well. My order was supposed to go out yesterday (27th), but I still haven't even been charged for the order. I just looked at my order info again and it still says the 27th. I was really looking forward to this and now it's getting rather frustrating. /sigh/
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 04:21 AM   #66
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Come on you guys really didnt expect to get the T1 this week, did you??
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:12 AM   #67
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I am in the UK and I was told by Sony that the T1 is not due until the 3rd week in October
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:14 AM   #68
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ugh. I need to stop trying to type replies out when I'm battling insomnia. I keep forgetting that my laptop doesn't have auto-correct. Night, folks!

Last edited by anesthezea; 09-28-2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: lack of sleep makes for bad spelling
Old 09-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #69
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
My order has been stuck in LaGrange, IL since the 23rd. with an original delivery date of 9/27, this morning the delivery date has been removed, and I received the following email;

Hello My Name,

Thank you for your recent Sony purchase.

We would like to inform you we are experiencing a delay with your Sony order. The following item PRSACL10B has been rescheduled to ship on 10/16/2011.

Tracking information will be sent via email once your order ships. This number will also be available within the order history in your Sony Account. If you are unable to continue waiting we encourage you to visit our website or call 1-866-337-7669 to work with a Sony sales representative to find an alternative product that will meet your needs.

We appreciate your understanding and thank you for choosing Sony!

Sincerely,

Sony Customer Care
SonyStyle.com

Wow this stinks, I sold my old reader the other day, knowing I could get by for a few days using my sons iPad.

Last edited by trevgriff; 09-28-2011 at 06:37 AM.
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #70
anesthezea
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
My order has been stuck in LaGrange, IL since the 23rd. with an original delivery date of 9/27, this morning the delivery date has been removed. I'm wondering if Sony doesn't want them delivered till a certain date due to a major software update required.
That really must be frustrating! More so than my own situation. To have it stop in transit? Wow!

I could understand a little maneuvering to get it to arrive as close to the 2nd as possible or to align arrival with some kind of update as you said, but still.

What shipping option did you choose? I wonder - if things are being maneuvered for the 2nd - if that has any bearing on things. I chose 2-day shipping.

Come to think of it, the "on" part of "on or around October 2nd" doesn't make much sense as the 2nd is a Sunday. It's going to sit in a warehouse or the post office in any case.

ETA: Trevgriff - did you edit the post I quoted above or am I just seeing thing due to lack of sleep? Now my reply seems irrelevant given that you've heard from Sony now.

Either way, the whole things is rather frustrating - certainly not the worst wait I've ever had to endure, but it seems like one that could be avoided with a little more attention on Sony's part. I don't know. I've been up all night and I'm really not sure how much sense I'm making. I'm going to bed and hoping for better news tomorrow.

Good Luck my fellow Pre-Order-ers! ^_^

Last edited by anesthezea; 09-28-2011 at 06:52 AM. Reason: added to comments
Old 09-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #71
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anesthezea View Post

ETA: Trevgriff - did you edit the post I quoted above or am I just seeing thing due to lack of sleep? Now my reply seems irrelevant given that you've heard from Sony now.

Either way, the whole things is rather frustrating - certainly not the worst wait I've ever had to endure, but it seems like one that could be avoided with a little more attention on Sony's part. I don't know. I've been up all night and I'm really not sure how much sense I'm making. I'm going to bed and hoping for better news tomorrow.

Good Luck my fellow Pre-Order-ers! ^_^
Yes I did edit, right after I posted I got my depressing email news. Now my credit card shows the order amount as pending! Maybe the delay is so Sony can finish off a T1 specific software or firmware update.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #72
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
ugh, mine is delayed until the 16th.....my in store order still shows 9/21 so i guess they don't update that often.

Edit: i misread it, actually it's my case PRSACL10B that's been delayed till the 16th....for now the reader hasn't. So if you get a delay email make sure they're not talking about the case, which has a different number. I assumed it was the reader.

I'm going to call them this morning and see what they say about the reader...i have 0 patience so may cancel if it's delayed.

Last edited by krighton; 09-28-2011 at 07:59 AM.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #73
trevgriff
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
ugh, mine is delayed until the 16th.....my in store order still shows 9/21 so i guess they don't update that often.

Edit: i misread it, actually it's my case PRSACL10B that's been delayed till the 16th....for now the reader hasn't. So if you get a delay email make sure they're not talking about the case, which has a different number. I assumed it was the reader.

I'm going to call them this morning and see what they say about the reader...i have 0 patience so may cancel if it's delayed.
I just caught it, thanks to your better eye sight, my email is for the lighted case as well. However my order still changed from a delivery of September 27th, to just sitting in La Grange, IL with no delivery date for the PRS-T1BC
Old 09-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #74
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
I don't know why you guys are disappointed. Other members have mentioned in this very thread not to take. those delivery dates as actual.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #75
jswinden
Nameless Being

It sounds like some of them are disappointed because they were notified their reader shipped, but then it somehow disappeared off the map during transit. Maybe the readers got sucked into the same alternate universe where Sony execs apparently live. Looks like Sony really screwed up this time even worse than with the x50 line.

Tags
sony new model, sony t-1