Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 07-13-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Twain, Mark: Tom Sawyer/Huckleberry Finn v1.2 2007-09-22

I tried something new. The TOC inside the book is split between the two novels. I think it's better this way
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.lrf (239.0 KB, 1546 views)
File Type: lrf The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.lrf (315.1 KB, 1531 views)
File Type: lrf The Adventures of Tom Sawyer Huckleberry Finn.lrf (563.0 KB, 1604 views)

Last edited by Nate the great; 09-22-2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Proofread and chapter headings added, New TOC
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Try this website. Here's the URL

http://etext.virginia.edu/railton/to.../tomillhp.html

Here's another site, too. This one looks really neat:

http://www.pbs.org/marktwain/learnmo...tings_tom.html

The original illustrator was True Williams, so that may be helpful, too.

I hope these are what you're looking for.

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Currently a quick and dirty copy. It's readable, the TOC is correct, but there are no pictures. If someone could point me at the original illustrations, I would deeply appreciate it. I also have not yet proofed it.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-13-2007 at 01:10 PM. Reason: added Williams's name.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Hey! Dr.. Quit tryin to get me to do an illustrated version!!!!

I can feel myself bein tempted!!!
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:54 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post

How about an animated version?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:54 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Won't work with the Reader's refresh rate.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post

If you do an illustrated version, could you also do one without the pictures? I like having a plain text version.

I'll post a version 1.0 by Monday for both the omnibus and the separate books. I don't plan to use very many illustrations.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Version 1.0 is up.

I am reading it right now, so if I find errors I will update later in the week.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
eydaimon
eydaimon began at the beginning.

Device: none
any windows program I can use to read lrf books?
eydaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by eydaimon View Post
any windows program I can use to read lrf books?
You can download the Connect software from Sony.

If you are not getting a Sony Reader, then I would recommend against using it. Instead, go to www.blackmask.com . The books they have there are nicely formatted in most formats. HTML would likely be the easiest for you.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Currently a quick and dirty copy. It's readable, the TOC is correct, but there are no pictures. If someone could point me at the original illustrations, I would deeply appreciate it. I also have not yet proofed it.

Proofed and chapter headings added. v1.0
Can you clean up the attachments since they are a bit confusing?
Old 09-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #11
eydaimon
eydaimon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
You can download the Connect software from Sony.

If you are not getting a Sony Reader, then I would recommend against using it. Instead, go to www.blackmask.com . The books they have there are nicely formatted in most formats. HTML would likely be the easiest for you.
So what's the difference between http://www.munseys.com/book/5563/Adv...om_Sawyer,_The and yours?
eydaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eydaimon View Post
So what's the difference between http://www.munseys.com/book/5563/Adv...om_Sawyer,_The and yours?
The difference is that the Munsey version is converted by a machine that did a very poor generic format. It's got a poor ToC, no ToC header page breaks, poor margins, large word spacing. It's just not something I'd enjoy reading.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:20 PM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

*bump*

Updated the TOC and fixed a few formatting errors.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:46 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Which file in the attachments is the correct one? And if it is The Adventures of Tom Sawyer Huckleberry Finn.lrf then what was the view count before you updated it?