Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Dster
Dster began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Collection order in PRS-505

Hi everybody,

I have some books in collections on a memory card in a PRS-505.

Is there any way to manually choose the order that books appear in a collection?

thanks!

p.s., I've been searching for 30 minutes, reading the Calibre manual, stickies, etc. Sorry if I missed something obvious.
Dster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Rumor has it you have to do it in Sony's software. I don't believe there's a way within Calibre.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #3
Dster

ah, that's what I suspected.

Unfortunately, loading up my book reader in the Sony software seems to switch around many author/title tags, from incorrectly coded .lrfs I think, so that's a bit of a bad solution.

Well, here's hoping for collection ordering as a future feature in Calibre!
Old 10-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dster View Post
Hi everybody,

I have some books in collections on a memory card in a PRS-505.

Is there any way to manually choose the order that books appear in a collection?
If you mean while they are still on the card, then no.

I simply remove the collection I want ordered, then go into Calibre and use the Series feature and number it in the order I want, I click on the series column to sort the books by series (this puts my series/collection in order. Then I highlight the series I want and transfer it back to the card. When all is said and done that collection/series is now in order on my PRS-505.

I hope this makes sense.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dster View Post
dwanthny's answer is correct, but just to try & cover all the bases, Calibre makes collections using both the 'tags' fields and the 'series' fields. The collections generated due to a 'series' field are ordered according to the associated series number but trying to merge 'new' books with books in the same series already on the Reader doesn't typically work & it's normally worth clearing them all from the Reader then copying the whole series across.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #6
Dster

It's been a while since I've been able to get to this.

I've adopted the method of keeping a library maintained on my computer with Calibre, and then I delete and recopy to my Sony PRS-505 as necessary.

I am finding that the 505 creates collections for everything in the "tag" column and the "series" column.

Is it possible for it to only use one column?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to use one column to specify what collection the 505 has the book in, and the other column to sort the order within collections.

EDIT: I see. To do everything I want, I use just the Series column, and information in there for both collection and index. Perfect!

Last edited by Dster; 11-09-2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: The light shone on me.