Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is FlightCrew as well for validating ePub. FlightCrew gives error messages that are easier to understand.

http://code.google.com/p/flightcrew/
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #32
Novalis
Novalis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Is there an updated script for 3.05b yet?
Novalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #33
Diegnum
Diegnum began at the beginning.

Device: None
Updated to 3.0b5

I took the liberty to update to ePubCheck 3.0b5

I'm sorry as I had to translate to french and I don't have time to retranslate.

To translate all the messages :

1. Go to a Mac
2. Right click the app --> Show contents
3. Search the file in Contents/Ressources/Scripts/main.scpt
4. Double click and it will open with Apple Script (pretty easy to read if you have some notions of any programming language - And french !!! But Google Tranlate is your "ami")

Hope it helps
Attached Files
File Type: zip epubcheck_305b.app.zip (3.25 MB, 382 views)
Diegnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #34
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the reminder, and thanks for uploading your version.

I have updated my epubcheck AppleScript wrapper to use the 3.0b5 javascript (see first post). I've also added a pretty icon, and I'm pretty sure I've included a French translation.

I may have mangled your French. If I have, let me know and I'll fix it.

If anyone fancies translating it into another language, just look at the Localizable.strings file in Contents/Resources/fr.lproj, and replace the french strings with the desired language. Upload the new file, telling me what language it is, and I'll add it in to the main application.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #35
amarie0
Enthusiast
amarie0 doesn't litteramarie0 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, Kindle
Possible to update this for 3.0RC1?

http://code.google.com/p/epubcheck/

AM
amarie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #36
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Perhaps tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #37
Chang
Connoisseur
Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Perhaps tomorrow.
I hope you could update it asap!
Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #38
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chang View Post
I hope you could update it asap!
Whoops - I forgot to upload it! Now uploaded.

3.0RC1 now available from the first post.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #39
jaume
jaume began at the beginning.

3.0 released

Finally ePubcheck 3.0 was released, if I can Help to update the script tell me. There is relevant differences with the RC1...
jaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #40
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Now updated to the epubcheck 3.0 release.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #41
tofi86
tofi86 began at the beginning.

Device: may different
hey everyone,

I just found out about this awesome epubcheck droplet for mac and wanted to let you know that there's a similar tool available for free download at http://www.pagina-online.de/software/epub-checker/
Works on Mac OS X as well as on Windows and Linux. On Mac you can also use it as a droplet in your dock.
we just updated the tool to epubcheck 3.0.1 which was released last week.
pagina EPUB-Checker also provides englisch and french localization of the user interface - as well as german and spanish.

Go give it a try

/tobias

P.S.: I'm planning to release it open soruce on github soon. Maybe we can join forces someday?
tofi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #42
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

It's nice to see another approach to a GUI for epubcheck.

I suppose I ought to update my AppleScript too.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #43
Lancelot13
Lancelot13 began at the beginning.

Hi pdurrant,
I'm getting an error, "Connection is invalid" when I try to run your app on Mac 10.6.8 desktop. Do you have a fix for this or am I doing something wrong?

@tofi86,
Thanks for sharing Pagina version, this works for me! BTW, this works better than running epubcheck 3.0.1 via Terminal on Mac. It provides a detail listing of errors and warnings, whereas Terminal can spit out gibberish sometimes.

Last edited by Lancelot13; 06-03-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Lancelot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofi86 View Post
hey everyone,

I just found out about this awesome epubcheck droplet for mac and wanted to let you know that there's a similar tool available for free download at http://www.pagina-online.de/software/epub-checker/
Works on Mac OS X as well as on Windows and Linux. On Mac you can also use it as a droplet in your dock.
we just updated the tool to epubcheck 3.0.1 which was released last week.
pagina EPUB-Checker also provides englisch and french localization of the user interface - as well as german and spanish.

Go give it a try

/tobias

P.S.: I'm planning to release it open soruce on github soon. Maybe we can join forces someday?
This is a nice tool. Well worth using.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #45
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot13 View Post
Hi pdurrant,
I'm getting an error, "Connection is invalid" when I try to run your app on Mac 10.6.8 desktop. Do you have a fix for this or am I doing something wrong?
No idea, I'm afraid. I've never come across that error before. Any more to it, or is that the entire message? When does it appear and in what form?