Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #991
zvonchica
zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3.4 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by iri1 View Post
@zvonchica

My pdfs with problems for CE characters are pdfs made directly from OCR by someone, no editing or correcting, they are old and have some unusual fonts embedded by the OCR software, custom encoding, so it's no wonder they can't show properly in duokan. What I mean is that's not a duokan bug. Kindle firmware also have trouble with them, showing spaces instead those CE characters. Although those pdfs were properly shown in older versions of duokan.

Every other pdfs are ok in duokan.
This is exactly my case with those three pdfs. Native Kindle OS shows blank spaces instead of ć,č,đ which makes the ebook entirely unreadable. Duokan detects characters in those places, but shows them awkwardly. Today I updated Duokan but still no change. I wrote to developers team yesterday, but there's no reply so far (I don't think they send emails to their "customers" but I do hope that they will have in mind this flaw with CE encoding while making future updates).

Does anyone know how to remove a little envelope on the top of the screen while Wi-Fi is turn on (it is a notice that I received an email). I suppose they sent me an email when I registered my Duokan account, but can't figure out how to open it and thus remove it from the screen.
zvonchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #992
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataraxia0 View Post
but I have another question:
in this link, duokan moderator said that for update doukan in 5.3.2, you need to master the "mfgtool+ magic key". what's this?
if you had already installed 5.3.2 update without installing Duokan before, you should use a similiar process with this one to install Duokan for the first time.

AFAIK updating the Duokan should work without any problem via just replacing Dk_System folder then restarting on 5.3.2 too

Last edited by thomass; 01-12-2013 at 09:56 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #993
tommytomtom
Enthusiast
tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yes, installing Duokan in 5.3.2 just need MFGTool (Win) OR imx_usb_loader (Win or Linux, NOT Mac OS X) to get you into diag mode, then as usual.
tommytomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #994
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I have a question. That has been asked before..

If this product is closed source... How is that "Known as safe"???

Evangelists and marketeers throw rocks now... thanks
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #995
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
"Known as safe"???
What u mean by "safe"?
Having an account on Amazon already means F B I knows all about what you do there, bank account, etc.

Now seems to me you are afraid that the Chinese F B I might know about you more than before?

I think this is just rasist! (pardon my sarcasm )
rorogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #996
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorogio View Post
I think this is just rasist! (pardon my sarcasm )
It is a comment on the users of Open Source Software that think they do not need to obey the license terms.

Nearly as bad as those who turn to personal attacks in a public forum. (and without spell checking enabled)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #997
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
What u mean by "safe"?
Having an account on Amazon already means F B I knows all about what you do there, bank account, etc.

BLAH BLAH
Riiiiight....M'okay.

TBH that's not the answer I was expecting. Nor looking for.

As for racism.*removed* - I'm not.

Last edited by twobob; 01-18-2013 at 10:11 AM. Reason: the right thing
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #998
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is a comment on the users of Open Source Software that think they do not need to obey the license terms.
oh... OK. This is also very important.
I just answered to "safe" as what this means to me.
But of course safety as of Open Source is another issue.
Hope to see the answer to that one myself.

Spoiler:

What I wanted to say is that we are not safe once we use internet. As internet is not so anonymous anymore as it was not so long ago. But again not the right answer because got wrongly the question from the beginning .

Last edited by rorogio; 01-14-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #999
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Duokan for me is better than original Kindle. Anyway, as mentioned @twobob if there is another open source software like Duokan, I will also immediately install open source software.
Duokan is kinda closed project.

The main problem on my Kindle powered by Duokan is non-translated language files. In every new version I do have more chinese words . Don't have anything against Chinese, but on my Kindle don't want to have any other than English words, reason is simple, i do not understand chinese.
dove_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #1000
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
update 7.8

[New]
bookstores text of books within the error correction function;
● KT / KP click the link to jump; (for PDFs or for ePubs? )

[Fix]
Spoiler:
● repair KT / KP Mobi manually turn the chapter can only turn to the second chapter;
● fix released K4 set the screensaver password Screensavers enter a password can not bring up the problem of the digital box;
● repair the wrong part of the machine time;
● Wifi occasionally connected on the repair part of the machine;
● repair mac machine plug kindle to generate hidden files Screensavers "I am not a touch screen" problem;
● repair K3/K4 books free catalog View catalog silent language;

link
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:43 AM   #1001
pharaohseti
pharaohseti began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
If I switch from Duokan to Kindle, and after playing with Kindle and switch back to Duokan, the dictionary does not display words when I go next to the words. I need to select and click Dictionary, it only displays this way. I need to restart the Kindle to make it work. What might be the reason and how can I solve this? Thanks...
pharaohseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #1002
rorogio
Enthusiast

do NOT update KPW to 5.3.3 if you want for Duokan to keep working.

Chinese said they are looking for a solution, so not ready for 5.3.3 yet

Here is the Romanian version for the Duokan v7.8. Simply to copy the file in the folder
\DK_System\xKindle\res\language

It is far from perfect but at least it works better than the misterious Chinese characters
Attached Files
File Type: txt Romanian.txt (48.9 KB, 470 views)

Last edited by rorogio; 01-27-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: added translation
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #1003
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Just noticed after today's update, now Duokan for Kindle Touch lets you annotate and highlight pdfs. Awesome!

But it doesn't work when you zoom in or split screen or remove margins. Just wondering if it's same on Duokan for Kindle Keyboard?
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #1004
Montecitorio
Montecitorio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
do NOT update KPW to 5.3.3 if you want for Duokan to keep working.

Chinese said they are looking for a solution, so not ready for 5.3.3 yet

Here is the Romanian version for the Duokan v7.8. Simply to copy the file in the folder
\DK_System\xKindle\res\language

It is far from perfect but at least it works better than the misterious Chinese characters

Do you happen to have a translation in english? D:
Montecitorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #1005
dashley
dashley began at the beginning.

Device: mobi
How to uninstal complete DUOKAN? kindle 3.
dashley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf