Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #31
Koriander
Koriander began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I have removed "EPUB Font embedding plugin". Wiki Reader is now working fine. Thank you very much.
Koriander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #32
Quoniam
Quoniam began at the beginning.

Device: tablet PC
Hi,
Great plugin!!! Congratulations!!

Could it be possible to add a "grab possibility" of a list of pages include in an initial page, automatically?

For instance out of categories pages.... such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Epistemology
or sub-caterories such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...gical_theories
Or out of portal pages such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Epistemology

Of course need may be to be adapted in other languages...

But is able to grab all wikipedia pages out of these pages, the book is done.... and let communicate offline encyclopedic information over a subject...

Best regards
Quoniam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #33
OrganicJerk
Enthusiast
OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook STR
Plugin requests

Krittika, thanks for an awesome plugin! It's actually been what I've been looking for for awhile, but I have a request.

Can you make it easier to create a book of a large amount of Wiki pages?

Either, I guess, by entering the URLS using a different type of field, or maybe by allowing an txt file import of URLS?

When I try to add a large amount currently, the plugin window goes off-screen.

I am trying to create a total resource for all of the "Wine" articles on Wikipedia, and my book on Wikipedia has 92 "pages". So far I've been having to deal with the site's PDF output which is less than ideal for a Nook STR.

This is my book so far in total:
Spoiler:

Wine
Classification of wine
Vintage
Types of wine [Rename]
Dessert wine
Fortified wine
Fruit wine
Ice wine
Mead
Orange wine
Rosé
Sparkling wine
Straw wine
Table wine
International grape varieties [Rename]
White [Rename]
Chardonnay
Chenin blanc
Gewürztraminer
Muscat (grape)
Riesling
Sauvignon blanc
Sémillon
Red [Rename]
Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot
Pinot noir
Syrah
Non-grape based wine [Rename]
Non-grape-based wine
Spritzer [Rename]
Spritzer
Accesories [Rename]
Wine accessory
Wine glass
Corkscrew
Decanter
Tasting [Rename]
Wine tasting
Sweetness of wine
Collecting [Rename]
Aging of wine
Investment wine
Storage of wine
Cult wine
Geography [Rename]
List of wine-producing countries
Enotourism
Wine Country
Wine industry [Rename]
Wine professions and qualifications [Rename]
Cooper (profession)
Négociant
Oenology
Sommelier
Master of Wine
Vintner
Winemaker
Production [Rename]
Winery
Vineyard
Viticulture
Winemaking
Pressing (wine)
Must
Oak (wine)
Terroir
Acids in wine
Wine fault
Forgery and manipulation of wines [Rename]
Wine fraud
Wine packaging [Rename]
Box wine
Jug wine
Wine bottle
Wine label
Cork (material)
Closure (container)
Alternative wine closure
Screw cap (wine)
Trends and impacts [Rename]
Globalization of wine
Effects of global warming on wine production
Wine and health [Rename]
Health effects of wine
French paradox
Phenolic content in wine
Red wine headache
History of Wine [Rename]
History of wine
By period [Rename]
Ancient Greece and wine
Ancient Rome and wine
By region [Rename]
History of South African wine
Wine in the Middle East
Europe [Rename]
History of French wine
History of Bordeaux wine
History of Portuguese wine
Spanish wine
History of Rioja wine
History of Sherry
North America [Rename]
History of American wine
History of California wine
Religious significance [Rename]
Religion and alcohol
Kosher wine
Christian views on alcohol
Alcohol in the Bible
Islamic dietary laws
Glossaries [Rename]
List of grape varieties
Wine tasting descriptors
Glossary of wine terms

Also, another request, do you think it would be possible to have "parts" of the articles excluded? Being able to exclude things like Images, "See Also," "References," "External Links," and so on, would definitely be useful to many, let alone myself at the moment.

What do you think?

Again, thanks for the plugin!
OrganicJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #34
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
Yes it is possible to have those parts excluded but I did not because I was not sure everyone would want them excluded. I can make it custom for you that way if you like. I'll pm the zipped file with that suff removed to you. As for the opther thing about many URLs I would like to do it but I do not know how yet. When I have some time to learn I will do it.
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #35
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoniam View Post
Hi,

Could it be possible to add a "grab possibility" of a list of pages include in an initial page, automatically?

For instance out of categories pages.... such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Epistemology

But is able to grab all wikipedia pages out of these pages, the book is done.... and let communicate offline encyclopedic information over a subject...

Best regards
You mean include all the wiki pages reffered to in for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...gical_theories and make an ebook with a table of contents whose section titles are the topics on the page? I don't know. I am new to this stuff but may be it can be done similar to the way calibre gets the articles from an rss feed. I'll look in to it.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #36
OrganicJerk
Enthusiast
OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook STR
As far as the removal of sections, I think a matter of choice would work for most. I'm not sure what sections I would want to remove yet, but I figure that people may want the choice to remove whatever sections they personally don't feel the need for, by checkbox or what not.

Thanks for looking into the URL-large-list thing when you can. I appreciate it!
OrganicJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #37
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicJerk View Post
Also, another request, do you think it would be possible to have "parts" of the articles excluded? Being able to exclude things like Images, "See Also," "References," "External Links," and so on, would definitely be useful to many, let alone myself at the moment.

What do you think?

Again, thanks for the plugin!
see if the attached plugin works and suits you better. i have not tested it so let me know if there are problems. images are still there but the see also, external links etc have been removed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wiki_reader_request.zip (41.9 KB, 484 views)
Old 09-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #38
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoniam View Post
Hi,

Best regards
this seems like a workable good idea. but it will take me time.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:19 AM   #39
lrui
Enthusiast
lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch
Hi,Goyal
Thanks for this great plugin! It do a great help to my learning. BUT I encounter a bug, the background of images of wikipedia article are balck.
Please consider of fixing it.

Best regards
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-21_135728.png
Views:	577
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	92709
lrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #40
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicJerk View Post
Spoiler:

Wine
Classification of wine
Vintage
Types of wine [Rename]
Dessert wine
Fortified wine
Fruit wine
Ice wine
Mead
Orange wine
Rosé
Sparkling wine
Straw wine
Table wine
International grape varieties [Rename]
White [Rename]
Chardonnay
Chenin blanc
Gewürztraminer
Muscat (grape)
Riesling
Sauvignon blanc
Sémillon
Red [Rename]
Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot
Pinot noir
Syrah
Non-grape based wine [Rename]
Non-grape-based wine
Spritzer [Rename]
Spritzer
Accesories [Rename]
Wine accessory
Wine glass
Corkscrew
Decanter
Tasting [Rename]
Wine tasting
Sweetness of wine
Collecting [Rename]
Aging of wine
Investment wine
Storage of wine
Cult wine
Geography [Rename]
List of wine-producing countries
Enotourism
Wine Country
Wine industry [Rename]
Wine professions and qualifications [Rename]
Cooper (profession)
Négociant
Oenology
Sommelier
Master of Wine
Vintner
Winemaker
Production [Rename]
Winery
Vineyard
Viticulture
Winemaking
Pressing (wine)
Must
Oak (wine)
Terroir
Acids in wine
Wine fault
Forgery and manipulation of wines [Rename]
Wine fraud
Wine packaging [Rename]
Box wine
Jug wine
Wine bottle
Wine label
Cork (material)
Closure (container)
Alternative wine closure
Screw cap (wine)
Trends and impacts [Rename]
Globalization of wine
Effects of global warming on wine production
Wine and health [Rename]
Health effects of wine
French paradox
Phenolic content in wine
Red wine headache
History of Wine [Rename]
History of wine
By period [Rename]
Ancient Greece and wine
Ancient Rome and wine
By region [Rename]
History of South African wine
Wine in the Middle East
Europe [Rename]
History of French wine
History of Bordeaux wine
History of Portuguese wine
Spanish wine
History of Rioja wine
History of Sherry
North America [Rename]
History of American wine
History of California wine
Religious significance [Rename]
Religion and alcohol
Kosher wine
Christian views on alcohol
Alcohol in the Bible
Islamic dietary laws
Glossaries [Rename]
List of grape varieties
Wine tasting descriptors
Glossary of wine terms

As an experiment I tried using Wiki's ability to create an ePub with some of your selections and came up with the attached file.

This was using the instructions from http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...pedia-articles
Attached Files
File Type: epub Wine.epub (2.69 MB, 520 views)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #41
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

the plugin now allows you to add more urls
Old 09-27-2012, 04:34 AM   #42
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

the formatting of the pictures and captions have also been improved
Old 09-27-2012, 05:14 AM   #43
lrui
Enthusiast
lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krittika Goyal View Post
the formatting of the pictures and captions have also been improved
thanks very much! it works fine!
lrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #44
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

Device: Tolino Vision 3HD
Checkerboards are not shown completely

Hello! I like to use Wiki Reader plugin to download chess declarations (e. g. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_passant)

But it does not show the checkerboards completely and properly. What can I do to manage that?
At moment and in future I study these chess sides on my laptop.

Regards ali
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Seitentrennung für Bilder funktioniert nicht.png
Views:	583
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	96843  

Last edited by chaot; 11-26-2012 at 07:42 AM.
chaot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #45
JJG
JJG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle WiFi
Hi,
Could someone let me know how I can add url's to an already existing wiki book or do i have to have all the url's ready when I first create it, and also is there a limit to how many pages can be placed in one book?
Thanks in advance
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote