Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #46
FloFlo71
FloFlo71 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Bexley can be joined online without living in the area, they send library number and pin by email. http://bexley.lib.overdrive.com/92C7...en/Default.htm
FloFlo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:19 AM   #47
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloFlo71 View Post
Bexley can be joined online without living in the area, they send library number and pin by email. http://bexley.lib.overdrive.com/92C7...en/Default.htm
On their site they say you have to go into the library where they will give you your PIN. If they are like Manchester libraries they send you a temporary number, which they then convert on your visit.
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #48
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Thanks to FloFlo for letting me know about Bexley, I've now added it to the OP and given details on how to join.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #49
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Gloucestershire's gone slightly eBook, but at the moment it's only as far as letting you read books as online - PDFs via a browser-hosted Flash app, I believe.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:38 AM   #50
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Updated with July's numbers.
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #51
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix1363 View Post
Updated with July's numbers.
thanks!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #52
brett-au
brett-au began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi.

Is there any UK residents or people with UK library cards, who would like to swap ebooks? I've found titles that I would like to borrow from the overdrive search engine, but they aren't available in any Australian library.

I was hoping to do an ebook exchange :-) (heck it works for paper books, why not e-books)

I also wish to add Medway council to the list of libraries.

Brett
brett-au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #53
feenix1363
Lost and clueless

I'll add Medway next time I update, but HERE'S the link for anyone who wants it before then.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #54
FloFlo71
FloFlo71 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix1363 View Post
I'll add Medway next time I update, but HERE'S the link for anyone who wants it before then.
Was about to sign up on Medway but then read the condition below, which sems to say that without a visit to the library you can't borrow any more after 28 days.

Conditions of Membership
When you join online, you will be given a temporary borrower number and PIN (Personal Identification Number) that are valid for 28 days. These will let you make three online reservations and create a profile of your interests. Before the 28 days expire, you will need to visit a library to collect your membership card.

The first time you visit one of our libraries you will be asked to confirm your details, by showing library staff a current form of identification as proof of your name and address (Please see the list at the top of the page for acceptable forms of identification). If you are 16 or 17 we will also need to see proof of your date of birth. You will then receive your library card and have full access to library services.
FloFlo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:39 AM   #55
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Hi, cheers for this thread. Though I just tried to join the Essex library, and although it does indeed email you a registration number so you can search library catalogue online, you need a library card number to register/log-in to the ebooks (essex.bookaisle.com) section, and my registration states:

Quote:
Please remember you will need to take your registration number to your local library and exchange it for a library ticket in order to borrow items.
So unless I'm missing something somewhere, I can't see how you can get any ebooks?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #56
feenix1363
Lost and clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Hi, cheers for this thread. Though I just tried to join the Essex library, and although it does indeed email you a registration number so you can search library catalogue online, you need a library card number to register/log-in to the ebooks (essex.bookaisle.com) section, and my registration states:

So unless I'm missing something somewhere, I can't see how you can get any ebooks?
I can't really help you any further. At the time of the original post, when I joined, that was the same criteria. I joined, and I'm still using the same membership, despite not having visited an Essex library.

It is of course possible that the criteria has been tightened up, but we will only know that if further members try joining and have the same result.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:46 AM   #57
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
I too joined Essex and had no issues despite not visiting them in Branch. This was a few weeks ago.

Lancashire has a message on it's website about e-books soon but it is not yet been launched.
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #58
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you get a membership number instead of just the elan registration number I got when you joined? Perhaps I have registered in the wrong section or something, as the email I got from them made no mention of ebooks or essex.bookaisle.com?
Old 08-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #59
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
I got an ELAN registration number and used that on the site.
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #60
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre

Ok thanks, it just tells me that it's an invalid library card when I try and log in with the elan number. I've emailed them to ask about it, but perhaps as feenix1363 posted, they've decided to tighten up the registrations. If they email me back I'll post to let you know what they say.

In the meantime, I've joined the Bexley library anyway, so once again, thanks to anyone involved in providing the details on this list.