Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #1
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Sony Reader eBook Software ReSet....

Just for conversation... and I posted here (in addition to Sony) because I respect the knowledge that so many of you have...

Have you ever loaded a ePub (or any other book) to your reader and when you open the book on the reader it causes a reset and a restart?

Must be some kind of code in the html that does it?

Last edited by Maggie-Me; 12-30-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-Me View Post
Have you ever loaded a ePub (or any other book) to your reader and when you open the book on the reader it causes a reset and a restart?
Yes, the book would cause my reader to reset at the same point every time. So I opened it in Sigil and removed whatever code (I don't recall what code) I found at that spot.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I have occasionally had this problem when the EPUB was not created by Calibre. I have used Calibre to do an EPUB to EPUB conversion and the problem has usually gone away.

Might be worth a try - as long as it doesn't have DRM. Make sure you take a copy of the original beforehand just in case.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Yes, the book would cause my reader to reset at the same point every time. So I opened it in Sigil and removed whatever code (I don't recall what code) I found at that spot.
I did that too, haven't tested it yet
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote