Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
ereaders
Enthusiast
ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2
Possible new Sony ereader with Glo

I am only guessing.
Sony might release a Glo ereader version soon.
Because all the local retailers are cutting down the price of the Sony case with "light".

I really wish that they would come up a version with choices of Glo color.
For example: The Glo lite can be changed to green, blue and white etc.
It will allow the users to adjust the device according to their need.
ereaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
If Sony came out with a lighted reader this year, it just might tempt me away from my beloved 350 readers. It will depend on the shape of it (I absolutely hate that curved bottom on the T1 and T2) and the software though.

But I'll believe it when I see some official notices about it. Until then, it's just wishful thinking.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
I noticed that yesterday when I went into the Sony shop in Paris and saw that they are throwing in the case with light and a AC charger (value 75 euros) with the T2 Reader for 139 euros. This happened last year when the T2 came out and the T1 was reduced to 129 euros with a free case with light.
However, I am not sure it is for the same reason this time. The Kindle Paperwhite and the Kobo Glo both cost only 129 euros here and it could just be an attempt to match prices for what is now an inferior product.
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Polyglot27,

I found a comparable discount here in Canada (at least at BestBuy) but you're right, it can just be for a short period of time (not a strategic tendency).

I hope too that Sony will come up with a new eReader having glow capability and a better screen definition (like the Kobo Glo).

Anyway, I would not say that the PRS-T2 (and incidently the PRS-T1) is an inferior product, but simply that Sony has not delivered the goods and has been taken aback! In addition, Sony has removed some fuctionalities to the PRS-T2 (the ability to listen the mp3 files essentially) and this was not a good move.

Anyway, have a good week!

Last edited by Arios; 03-24-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Removing MP3 from T2 should not have happened only if it did not reduce cost. It worked but drained battery faster and clumsy to use. I would only use a T2 reader MP3 player if they added volume control switches and other interface improvements.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I would love a Sony reader frontlit. I went with a Kindle PW this year because I love the light!! Come on Sony!! Make your users happy or at least contented.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Arios. You are right. I should not have used the word 'inferior' . In fact I bought my first Sony reader because of their dictionaries. It's a shame that they are not promoting this feature more vigorously. It's a real boon to any student learning another European language.
I went to the Salon du livre (Paris book fair 2013) this afternoon and at the Sony stand they were selling the T2 for only 99 euros. Who knows what they are up to.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No problema Polyglot27!

Because of the fierce concurrence of Kobo, the prices tend to be low since 2 months here (around $100-119 cnd for the PRS-T2, but whitout a case however).

BTW, quelle température fait-il sur Paris? Ici les congères ont encore presque deux mètres et le printemps n'est pas précoce cette année. Je rêve de la Provence!

Cheers!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
Arios
A curiosus lector!

@filmo

Quote:
I would only use a T2 reader MP3 player if they added volume control switches and other interface improvements.
You are probably right (Sony wanted to reduce costs) but volume control switches and other interface improvements would cost a lot more! And I don't find the software control too bad, just the music
Old 03-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
http://goodereader.com/blog/category...ronic-readers/
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
35% off t2 in uk

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/rd-rea...er|34293644973
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #12
Arios
A curiosus lector!

Thanks thomasn75 for the link

jersysman: our wishes come true. Amen!

Now hope that the initial price is not too high
Old 03-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Awesome!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arios View Post
Now hope that the initial price is not too high
And I hope they'll stop with their nonsense of different devices for different countries.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #14
Polyglot27
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arios View Post
No problema Polyglot27!

BTW, quelle température fait-il sur Paris? Ici les congères ont encore presque deux mètres et le printemps n'est pas précoce cette année. Je rêve de la Provence!

Cheers!
It's nice and sunny here. No snow and a mild 10°C. I was sorely tempted by the discounted T2 but reason prevailed. I'm looking forward to seeing the T3 soon.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #15
Arios
A curiosus lector!

Thank you for the info Polyglot27 and indeed it is better to wait for the new model. In addition, there is really no new features compared to the T1.

samhy I did not know there were differences from one geographic area to another: what are they?